New MBP 2.8, 320 gb HDD - battery time.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm new one in this forum, and I am from Russia. Anyway, I got my new MBP from USA two days ago. Everything is cool with it, except one thing - compare to my old MBP (late 2007) 15", 2.4, 160 HDD, with new one, I am getting battery life for 2.5 hours max (wifi on, contrast in the middle, internet only).

Is everyone else having same problems? I mean not problem, but, what I was expecting is not less than 3-3,5 hours!

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I have the new 2.8GHz 320 HDD @7200rpm. I'm averaging about 4hrs of battery time.... don't by in to the nonsense that having a more powerful/faster processor somehow drains the battery.... there simply is no difference in battery efficiency in any of the MBP models, regardless of the chip or HD.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by exiled View Post

I have the new 2.8GHz 320 HDD @7200rpm. I'm averaging about 4hrs of battery time.... don't by in to the nonsense that having a more powerful/faster processor somehow drains the battery.... there simply is no difference in battery efficiency in any of the MBP models, regardless of the chip or HD.

Hi, I know you from other threads - anyway, so what might be wrong with my battery. Hm, I heard that sometimes batteries need a couple of times to be charged and than it will be 3-4 hours working time? what do you think? I did only 1 charge since I received it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by R.Ai View Post

Hi, I know you from other threads - anyway, so what might be wrong with my battery. Hm, I heard that sometimes batteries need a couple of times to be charged and than it will be 3-4 hours working time? what do you think? I did only 1 charge since I received it.

Well, you might just do it and find out!