Which would you buy..... ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
so i'm a complete mac virgin. always had a pc... but am now looking at buying a new laptop. i've been following the buzz with the new macbooks and macbook pros, and i think i've mentally made the switch. so... i'm asking everyone's opinion: which of these would you buy?

a new unibody mac book for $1,299.99

or

a new mac book pro from the just recently retired generation for $1,399.99

(this is the mbp model that until october 7th, retailed for 1999.99)

looking for opinions... recommendations...

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    zoolookzoolook Posts: 657member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by radiotool View Post

so i'm a complete mac virgin. always had a pc... but am now looking at buying a new laptop. i've been following the buzz with the new macbooks and macbook pros, and i think i've mentally made the switch. so... i'm asking everyone's opinion: which of these would you buy?

a new unibody mac book for $1,299.99

or

a new mac book pro from the just recently retired generation for $1,399.99

(this is the mbp model that until october 7th, retailed for 1999.99)

looking for opinions... recommendations...

thanks

Well as always, it depends on what you need it for and most importantly what size screen you really want/need.

Personally I'd go for the Pro, because I'd want the Firewire and the screen real-estate. What is the primary purpose of the machine? What size laptop are you used to?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post

Well as always, it depends on what you need it for and most importantly what size screen you really want/need.

Personally I'd go for the Pro, because I'd want the Firewire and the screen real-estate. What is the primary purpose of the machine? What size laptop are you used to?

the 13" macbook would be a downsize from the dell inspiron i have now. i think it has a 15" screen.

i'm sure it'll be used most for surfing, photo management, itunes and the like. but it will probably come in handy for working with presentations and spreadsheets while out of the office. so a mix really.

i'd say initially i'm leaning toward the pro because of the extra memory and screen size.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Pro.

It has a bigger screen, extra ports, and with it's dedicated graphics card, it's more-or-less on par with the new MacBook performance-wise.