Uninstall Software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I downloaded the trial version of iWork, but because of my job its going to be much easier if I just use Office. So since I don't need iWork and I don't want it taking up hard drive space how I can uninstall it? I can't find any information about removing software/applications anywhere.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    1) Drag the iWork folder to the Trash

2) Empty the Trash
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    No, yama is not kidding.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Strangle enough I've had someone else ask me this. I had to explain to them the Mac was that simple. You trash the app and that's it. They sort of didn't believe me: "But it couldn't be that easy?"

For the record; it is that easy.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Sweet. Who knew?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A few million smug Mac users.

• Reply 6 of 8
    If you're worried about various bits and pieces lingering in the system (pref files etc), you might want to check out AppZapper.

Takes up 2Mb of disk space and makes a really cool noise as well. Lightweight and gorgeous.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Yes I love AppZapper
  • Reply 8 of 8
    CleanApp is another good uninstaller. It is getting better with each release. One caveat though . . . Unless I am mistaken, it only recognizes programs that are installed in the official OSX "Applications" folder. Install apps there, and CleanApp will log the installation, and then find everything if you ever need to uninstall an app. Also, it will uninstall entire folders full of files. In other words, where the app is actually located. It moves the enclosing folder to the trash, and everything in it.