Nfl 2008

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Interesting, the Eagles managed to man up and beat the Niners, then the other 3 teams in the NFC East all lost. Pretty darn good weekend! Now Westbrook needs to come off the bye healthy...\
  • Reply 22 of 34
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

Interesting, the Eagles managed to man up and beat the Niners, then the other 3 teams in the NFC East all lost. Pretty darn good weekend! Now Westbrook needs to come off the bye healthy...\

Agreed. Sunday and yesterday were SWEET. I still think Andy has to go, mind you. I meant what I said...I'm done with him. But that doesn't make me less of a fan.

By the way..the best part of the game was at the end with the O'Sullivan fumble. Trent Cole was going apeshit giving the "possession: Eagles" signal. I don't think I ever saw an Eagles player so excited, other than Dawkins of course. I just started completely cracking up.
  • Reply 23 of 34
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

A man of his word.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    bumpity bump bump!

So, week 8 here we come:

Eagles should beat the Falcons.

Cowboys' season is pretty much over.

The Rams don't suck anymore.

The Bengals are the new Rams.

The Chiefs are a disaster beyond words.

Other comments?
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Wow..not much interest in football on AI this year.

This week:

The Cowboys' season is still over.

The Rams don't suck anymore, but they're not good either.

The Bengals are still the new Rams

The Chiefs are more of a disaster than before.

and....

Eagles v. Giants is huge. If the Eagles can pull it off, they basically become the premiere NFC team (along with NY still, who at 7-2 would still be big). If they lose, no one knows. They are favored...we'll see. McNabb has to move around and get off to a good start. They have to take out Plaxico and Jacobs, too.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    All I have to say about the Eagles - Giants is:

FIRE REID NOW!

Most of the players put up a good effort, but ridiculously poor coaching (and admittedly a damn good Giants team) cost them a close game yet again.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:

All I have to say about the Eagles - Giants is:

FIRE REID NOW!

Most of the players put up a good effort, but ridiculously poor coaching (and admittedly a damn good Giants team) cost them a close game yet again.

From a long time NYGiants fan, all I can say is that many NY fans were calling for Coughlin's head last year (before we started jelling). Personally, it seems to me like he's a better than average coach.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

From a long time NYGiants fan, all I can say is that many NY fans were calling for Coughlin's head last year (before we started jelling). Personally, it seems to me like he's a better than average coach.

First...better than average? Is that what we need here? Secondly, this is not some guy with a few years under his belt. He's been here 10 years. For the last 4 years it's been the same shit: Slow starts to games, ridiculously stupid play calling, bad clock management, undersized and outclassed linemen and mediocre wide outs (remember Reid is the GM too) all tossed together with a little bad luck.

It's time for him to go. It's at least time for him to give up the GM role and turn the play calling over to Marty Morinngwheg.

Don't get me started on McNabb. I've always been critical of him...first for bad decisions early in his career then for lack of leadership. But his raw skill usually made up for these, and I had hopes that as long as he was healthy, we'd be good. But he's not the same QB he was just four years ago. His laxadasical attitude seems worse. He's getting even more streaky (started 1 for 7 the other night). And what's worse is he doesn't run nor take over the game anymore. He looks slow and looks to have put on weight.

Time to turn the page.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

First...better than average? Is that what we need here? Secondly, this is not some guy with a few years under his belt. He's been here 10 years. For the last 4 years it's been the same shit: Slow starts to games, ridiculously stupid play calling, bad clock management, undersized and outclassed linemen and mediocre wide outs (remember Reid is the GM too) all tossed together with a little bad luck.

It's time for him to go. It's at least time for him to give up the GM role and turn the play calling over to Marty Morinngwheg.

Don't get me started on McNabb. I've always been critical of him...first for bad decisions early in his career then for lack of leadership. But his raw skill usually made up for these, and I had hopes that as long as he was healthy, we'd be good. But he's not the same QB he was just four years ago. His laxadasical attitude seems worse. He's getting even more streaky (started 1 for 7 the other night). And what's worse is he doesn't run nor take over the game anymore. He looks slow and looks to have put on weight.

Time to turn the page.

Fair enough. But I've read rants almost that sound almost exactly the same in the Giants.com forums. All you have to do is replace Reid with Coughlin and McNabb with Manning.

I got a feeling this may be Reid's last year if you don't make the playoffs. If this happens, hopefully you guys will get a worse HC next year (no offense SDW2001, it's a rivalery thing )
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Fair enough. But I've read rants almost that sound almost exactly the same in the Giants.com forums. All you have to do is replace Reid with Coughlin and McNabb with Manning.

I got a feeling this may be Reid's last year if you don't make the playoffs. If this happens, hopefully you guys will get a worse HC next year (no offense SDW2001, it's a rivalery thing )

Manning is "OK" at best. McNabb was once near-elite in this league. Manning didn't get slow or lazy after being considered mobile and aggressive.

But I agree...no playoffs, Reid is likely gone.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    McNabb is still fairly young, with a coach that game plans to his abilities (ie, if he's on a cold streak, run the damn ball some, throw some screens to Westbrook, etc.) and nabs him a top tier WR, I think he could put up Pro Bowl numbers again.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:

McNabb is still fairly young, with a coach that game plans to his abilities (ie, if he's on a cold streak, run the damn ball some, throw some screens to Westbrook, etc.) and nabs him a top tier WR, I think he could put up Pro Bowl numbers again.

I don't disagree. For example, he could be allowed to run instead of being crammed in the pocket.

After this weekend though, I'm more on the Fire Reid and Can McNabb bandwagon than ever.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Dude...I saw McNabb's PC today and all I can say is.....

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

McNabb first arrogantly joked that he "might get in trouble for smiling" at the PC. Then, when asked if he was disappointed with himself that he didn't know the OT rule, he said "no" and made a boatload of excuses. "I'm the only one....since it happened, the whole league knows, so I'll be happy to be the guy responsible....I don't pay attention to what people say....Andy will be here a long time and I will be here a long time..."

If you haven't followed this, the Philly media and fans are going BALLISTIC. People are actually buying those cardboard Campbell's soup cans to chuck at McNabb for the next home game. It's actually really funny watching the whole thing come crashing down.

The only thing McNabb could have done today is say "I should have known...the fact that I didn't was inexcusable and I'll work to make sure my knowledge of the game is better." But if he said that, he wouldn't be Donovan McNabb.

I think what this really brings to light is McNabb's complete lack of appropriate personality and leadership traits for his job. He's not just supposed to be another player. He's supposed to know 10X more than any player. He's supposed to be a coach on the field. Instead, he slugs his way up to the line and follows orders. He's not a Field General, he's a Field Grunt wearing the general's hat.

Can McNabb. Now.