Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic release date?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi... I was wondering.. when the Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic will be available at the store??? does anyone know a temptative date???

And also.. since they will be sold at $29... will be included in the new iPods???.. instead of the regular earphones???

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    ok.. anyone knows????
  • Reply 2 of 19
    mav5mav5 Posts: 36member
    I have been waiting for these headphones! Initially I heard they were supposed to come out this month (October), however it seems that might not happen considering its already the 28th. That's all I know. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help. I'm looking to purchase them myself when they do come out.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    I asked in store a few a week ago and he said "next week as far as i know"
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

I asked in store a few a week ago and he said "next week as far as i know"

Good, cause I just got my new Nano today.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mav5 View Post

Good, cause I just got my new Nano today.

congrats
  • Reply 6 of 19
    apple's in ear previous headphones are listed as discontinued since today!! maybe we can expect the new headphone next week!
  • Reply 7 of 19
    does anyone have any news???
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Apple Store in Honolulu told me they should be on the shelves there this week sometime.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

congrats

Well thank you
  • Reply 10 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Still coming soon... on November 4th, tut-tut.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    I'm beginning to wonder did Apple cancel the product altogether.

Remember, this new Apple product is entering a crowded market already dominated by JVC, Panasonic and Sony on the low end and Etymotics Research, Shure, Ultimate Ears and Westone on the high end (not to mention Sennheiser across the price spectrum). Given the current economic situation, if production has not started Apple may just not sell the product and instead offer a discount voucher for a third-party in-ear headphone to anyone who has registered their iPod with Apple.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    odd... I can't even find mention of them on the online Apple Store anymore.

I guess I'll find out on Monday when I get back to that Honolulu store. I was hoping to get a set because the ones that come with the iPhone are uncomfortable to me, and these were going to be cheaper than the other brands (with microphone)... and I'm not a particular "audiophile" who would notice any difference in sound quality. (Too many years sitting on or between screaming jet engines.)
  • Reply 13 of 19
    At one of the local Apple stores and one of the employees let me know the project for both sets of headphones was "scrubbed" for the year.

Kind of surprised so I just got the Bose earbuds.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    ohhhh god I've been waiting for this thing for ages. anybody got updates on this? I can only take the stock iphone earbuds so long.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

odd... I can't even find mention of them on the online Apple Store anymore.

Really? Because when I go to the store they're still there... but they still say 'coming soon'
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

Really? Because when I go to the store they're still there... but they still say 'coming soon'

Ah... i found them ... under iPod accessories.... they do NOT show up as iPhone accessories though (where I had been looking). The iPhone is also not listed as a compatible device in their description. That seems odd.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Ah... i found them ... under iPod accessories.... they do NOT show up as iPhone accessories though (where I had been looking). The iPhone is also not listed as a compatible device in their description. That seems odd.

I'd wager that the new headphones require the upcoming iPhone firmware update, but that's just a semi-educated guess.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    I got tired of waiting and bought the $99 v-moda headset ... very nice ...

I doubt they're any louder, but the way the in-ear-buds seal in the ear canal blocks outside noise so that you can hear the iPod/phone better.

I also find them much more comfortable.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:

I have been waiting for these headphones! Initially I heard they were supposed to come out this month (October), however it seems that might not happen considering its already the 28th. That's all I know. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help. I'm looking to purchase them myself when they do come out.

I have ben waiting 2 they where talking about some time in November or december before Christmas but i don't know.