Bean-bag mount for Garmin Nuvi 250?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi,

I shall be visiting Phoenix AZ during Christmas. I am looking for a bean bag mount for my Garmin Nuvi 250 GPS. I have been looking all over the intertubes and could not find specifics as to whether the models I see will actually suit the Nuvi 250. They all seem to be for the Magellan or other GPSs.

So, I am turning to you for help. Can someone give me a specific name and model number of a bean bag mount that is right for the Nuvi 250 and also where I can hope to buy it from for the best price.

It would be advantageous if I could actually buy it at a brick and mortar store so that I can return it etc. The last option would be to order it online now and have it delivered to Phoenix, which means if it is not the right model I shall have trouble returning it.

BTW, I live in Canada.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    how hard did you search?

Did you try an amazon search, because garmin makes one? Did you look at garmin's website to see if there are any local brick and mortar stores?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hardeeharhar View Post

how hard did you search?

Did you try an amazon search, because garmin makes one? Did you look at garmin's website to see if there are any local brick and mortar stores?

Yeah, I too am in Phoenix, AZ, I too own a Garmin GPS and I too use a bean bag dash mount. I swear by it too, especially in states like CA where windshield mounts are illegal. However, I agree with the previous poster. Did you bother to take more than 5 minutes to search the web or Garmin's own extensive website, especially the on about the accessories for your model?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Both of you are right - it never occurred to me to search on Garmin's own web site. I googled beanbag mounts and looked at the results shown and tried to read them all to see if they mentioned the Nuvi 250 specifically.

I notice that Walmart is listed as one of the brick and mortar stores and some more stores in the Phoenix area, so when I am there I shall wander around and look.

My problem was not just finding something specific for Nuvi 250, it was also that the few that mentioned the Nuvi mentioned that the item consisted of the beanbag and not the mount and things like that. Some others did not mention anything other than post a picture that really was not very clear in helping me understand if it would work with my unit.

So I got a little confused and decided to ask for help!

Thanks and cheers
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Both of you are right - it never occurred to me to search on Garmin's own web site. I googled beanbag mounts and looked at the results shown and tried to read them all to see if they mentioned the Nuvi 250 specifically.

I notice that Walmart is listed as one of the brick and mortar stores and some more stores in the Phoenix area, so when I am there I shall wander around and look.

My problem was not just finding something specific for Nuvi 250, it was also that the few that mentioned the Nuvi mentioned that the item consisted of the beanbag and not the mount and things like that. Some others did not mention anything other than post a picture that really was not very clear in helping me understand if it would work with my unit.

So I got a little confused and decided to ask for help!

Thanks and cheers

I got mine at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix. Keep in mind, you will still need the cradle with power outlet connection that came with your nuvi to use with this mount, just as you do when using it with the included mount.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Thanks!