Is Your Boss an Idiot?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    My old 'boss' created an official hierarchy chart and instead of listing everyone by title she listed everyone in alphabetical order....BY FIRST NAME....BY FIRST NICKNAME....

She also yelled and belittled our end-users while supposedly preaching customer service.

No one respected her. We didn't have to like her as a person as she always would say, but if you can't respect the person you work for professionally, there's no way you can stay working there.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

My old 'boss' created an official hierarchy chart and instead of listing everyone by title she listed everyone in alphabetical order....BY FIRST NAME....BY FIRST NICKNAME....

She also yelled and belittled our end-users while supposedly preaching customer service.

No one respected her. We didn't have to like her as a person as she always would say, but if you can't respect the person you work for professionally, there's no way you can stay working there.

Exactly for that reason I have to leave.

What happened to me, just as an example, was that I was unable to pull a significant profit for the company... until I stopped listening to him. Sounds ridiculous? Yes, but it is true. As soon as I started rejecting all his "input" my revenue stream more than doubled... go figure.

The world is full of fools who are wrong for their jobs and only cause pain and misery to everyone around and in the end to them too because they have only failure. Another breed I hate are the ass-kisser. I know a few but there is a very select few who are especially adept as sucking up to the last drop.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tauron View Post

Exactly for that reason I have to leave.

What happened to me, just as an example, was that I was unable to pull a significant profit for the company... until I stopped listening to him. Sounds ridiculous? Yes, but it is true. As soon as I started rejecting all his "input" my revenue stream more than doubled... go figure.

The world is full of fools who are wrong for their jobs and only cause pain and misery to everyone around and in the end to them too because they have only failure. Another breed I hate are the ass-kisser. I know a few but there is a very select few who are especially adept as sucking up to the last drop.

It's crazy. and as a fitting end to this story, after this boss got most of the people under her to leave and bring in her own people, she ended up leaving two years later burning every bridge to literally every person in that company.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by O-Mac View Post

It's crazy. and as a fitting end to this story, after this boss got most of the people under her to leave and bring in her own people, she ended up leaving two years later burning every bridge to literally every person in that company.

I have heard that very same story so many times it is not even funny anymore.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Don't you just love it when:

1. Your boss tells you to take the lead on a project

2. Then comes and micromanages the hell out of it

3. They complains because you are not taking over

?
  • Reply 26 of 32
    I can't stand stuff like this. If you don't "like" your boss, quit. No one is perfect, and the people who do the most complaining are usually the ones who cause most of the problems.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I can't stand stuff like this. If you don't "like" your boss, quit. No one is perfect, and the people who do the most complaining are usually the ones who cause most of the problems.

There is a difference between not being perfect - and being an arrogant prick.

I'd sooner have a boss who isn't perfect AND REALISES IT, than a boss who think he or she is God's gift to the company.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Sounds to me like you are a crappy boss and you know it eh?
  • Reply 29 of 32
    I have to say that I am with Spammy on this one, especially since you are in a research environment, doing bad science as a way of contempt for your boss/pi just screws you in the end -- you, in effect, become your boss.

Think about how lazy you've become in your research, and what an underling who hasn't learned the ropes would think of your output. Unsettling, isn't it?
  • Reply 30 of 32
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    i am my boss, i like my boss, he deserves more money and time off

government should get off his back so he can do more for his customer base and more business growth, government stifles growth, my boss is the greatest and is a wonderful role model
  • Reply 31 of 32
    my boss, just like everybody else, makes mistakes. does that make him an idiot? Maybe.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    OK finally I am gone from that job. I put in my resignation 2 weeks ago. Since then people (my idiot boss included) has been panicking because he wasn't smart enough to hire a second person with my qualifications. So now the knowhow is gone, possibly forever.

In our last conversation he said: "good luck, but try not to give your future boss such a hard time".

I thought: "Well first of all I am not going to have a boss in the employment I just signed. Second of all, you are an idiot. You think it is always the employee's fault things got bad, never your own."

LOL. I just said: "good luck to you" (he will need it).

During my last day there was a moment when my boss was arguing the most ridiculous stuff with an employee. I wanted to intervene and settle the argument with: "look guys, this is basic math, this is what you do..." But I just sat back and marveled at the stupidity of it all and smiled. Why try to educate grown people? They had their shot at education and failed, miserably.

Good bye!!!! Ding, ding, ding, ding...