How Much Should I Sell This For?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
As I always love to help out Mac converts, a friend of mine is selling his dell and movin' on up to a new MacBook. First, though, he has to sell his old laptop, but for how much? I don't have a good feel for windows machines and their pricing, so I turn to the several forums that I frequent. And yes, I realize that this is an APPLE forum, but it is everyone's duty to help a person switch to a Mac if they wish to, is it not?

Here are the specs:

2.00 GHz

2 GB RAM

120 GB Harddrive

Windows XP

1 1/2 years old

I'm hoping to sell it for a little over $500, is that too high, or preferably too low?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    maybe you should try for only $600 or $700 just i know fair price,just try it,i ask you how many years you used your selling???if you use for 3yrs it should be less 50% in original price,Starting Business Blog..
  • Reply 2 of 3
    $500-$600 is reasonable.

If I were you/your friend, I would upgrade the RAM, and hard drive to "boost the price" a bit up. Since RAM and hard drive are the cheapest to upgrade, I would get that.

I estimate $600-700 configurations would be:

2.00 Ghz

2-4 GB RAM

200/250 hard drive

Windows XP/none

But if you don't want to upgrade, try to get it for $400-500.

That's my opinon.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    thanks a lot guys.

fyrevortex, I already have all of those upgrades besides a bigger harddrive, so I think I will be ok on that.

Thanks for the link jams, I think I'm going to start out at $700 on craigslist and see what happens