Genius Bar Help

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
OK so my iPhone currently has water damage. Pretty much everything works but I'd still like to get a new one. My friend had wine spilled on hers and the home button broke and they replaced hers. There are multiple things wrong with my phone, in which of the following situations do you think apple will be most likely to replace my phone?

1) Any time I have movies on my phone, the movies appear for a second and then disappear.

2) The lower part of the volume rocker does not work, I was gonna say that I pushed it down and it never came up after it.

3) My screen lock button randomly stops functioning.

I know they're gonna test to see if theres water damage but I figure what do I have to lose? please give me your ideas on which of the following will get me a new phone

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jimdawg7591 View Post

OK so my iPhone currently has water damage. Pretty much everything works but I'd still like to get a new one. My friend had wine spilled on hers and the home button broke and they replaced hers. There are multiple things wrong with my phone, in which of the following situations do you think apple will be most likely to replace my phone?

1) Any time I have movies on my phone, the movies appear for a second and then disappear.

2) The lower part of the volume rocker does not work, I was gonna say that I pushed it down and it never came up after it.

3) My screen lock button randomly stops functioning.

I know they're gonna test to see if theres water damage but I figure what do I have to lose? please give me your ideas on which of the following will get me a new phone

Thanks!

Seems to me like they have a policy of knocking down anything if the water damage indicator is tripped. Just what I've seen in trips to the stores. Pretty sure it's a strict policy for that and that alone.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    It's water damage... the phone isn't defective, Apple has no business replacing it. (...and as a stockholder, I'd be pissed if they did, not that my opinion matters to Steve.)

Perhaps you should just take better care of your stuff.