Apple contributes $100,000 to fight California's No on 8 battle

1626364656668»

Comments

• Reply 1341 of 1351
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zinfella View Post

This is NOT the greed topic. Changing the subject still won't allow gays to marry here, or in California. You lost!

You do NOT have the first clue concerning my faith. You accuse me of hate because I don't support your side in this matter. By your criterion, you'd be a hater because you don't agree with me. Society has the right to set standards. Not supporting the gay lifestyle does not make me a hater, but people like you, that choose to force it on society certainly are doing your best to create gay haters.

Gay marriage is not the equal of heterosexual marriage, and anyone with an ounce of sense knows it. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig, oinker.

First of all, I do not hate you. I pity you, and I am upset that you would choose to take action that harms another person besides yourself.

In opposing gay rights, you are harming another person and bringing no benefit to yourself. This is selfish, and has nothing to do with faith, which is a personal, not a social thing.

In supporting gay marriage, I harm no one. In allowing gays to marry, no one is harmed. For a person to marry a person of the same sex, no one is harmed.

Let's not talk about something you cannot control - hate - and talk about something you can control - action. Please do not take action that harms another.
  • Reply 1342 of 1351
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

First of all, I do not hate you. I pity you, and I am upset that you would choose to take action that harms another person besides yourself.

In opposing gay rights, you are harming another person and bringing no benefit to yourself. This is selfish, and has nothing to do with faith, which is a personal, not a social thing.

In supporting gay marriage, I harm no one. In allowing gays to marry, no one is harmed. For a person to marry a person of the same sex, no one is harmed.

Let's not talk about something you cannot control - hate - and talk about something you can control - action. Please do not take action that harms another.

In a pigs ass! Gays have not been harmed by disallowing gay marriage. You want to equate the unnatural with the natural. It isn't flying among the majority in this country. If you want to create yet more resentment, keep telling people that gay marriage is equal to heterosexual marriage. It's not, and if you don't know it, then you're daft.
  • Reply 1343 of 1351
    Quote:

You, don't know crap about the founding fathers of this country.

http://www.adherents.com/gov/Foundin..._Religion.html

Systematized religion has a way of pretending that once you are born and "baptised" as an infant you are a lifelong devotee to that particular worldview. However some of us grow-up and form our own views.

Fortunately these men left clues that hinted at their intellectual development. You can tell when they write stuff like this:

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."

Thomas Paine : Ardent Deist

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/paine-deism.html

Thomas Jefferson: Deist

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=28006

John Adams: Probably not a deist, but did not believe in the divinity of christ.

George Washington: Did not take communion, avoided church. Probable deist.

Benjamin Franklin: Deist. But pro-religion.

and many more.

You can verify this stuff by seeing *what they actually wrote* But you are clearly fond of you fantasies so please don't bother. You'll only get your blood-pressure up.

C.
  • Reply 1344 of 1351
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

Systematized religion has a way of pretending that once you are born and "baptised" as an infant you are a lifelong devotee to that particular worldview. However some of us grow-up and form our own views.

Fortunately these men left clues that hinted at their intellectual development. You can tell when they write stuff like this:

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."

Thomas Paine : Ardent Deist

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/paine-deism.html

Thomas Jefferson: Deist

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=28006

John Adams: Probably not a deist, but did not believe in the divinity of christ.

George Washington: Did not take communion, avoided church. Probable deist.

Benjamin Franklin: Deist. But pro-religion.

and many more.

You can verify this stuff by seeing *what they actually wrote* But you are clearly fond of you fantasies so please don't bother. You'll only get your blood-pressure up.

C.

You are under the mistaken notion that all Christians must attend church in order to be a Christian. The Gentlemen that we're taking about were Christian, nearly to a man. Now you want to tell us in the US what guided the formation of our country. You can blather all you like, and we do have freedom of religion., but this is still basically a Christian nation. And we don't want gay marriage, which is what this thread is about. So, never mind you tangents.
  • Reply 1345 of 1351
    The topic is becoming boring, gay marriage lost. End of story, except for the morons that are demonstrating, and generally being a PITA. Adios.
  • Reply 1346 of 1351
    Again, just because you say so doesn't make it true.

Quote:

gay marriage lost. End of story

• Reply 1347 of 1351
    Quote:

Gays have not been harmed by disallowing gay marriage.

Right. Keep telling yourself that.

Before Prop 8 they could marry, have a family, have a happy life with the person they loved.

After Prop 8, gays cannot marry and marriages already made legal have been made void.

Yeah... no harm there...

Fortunately, Prop 8 will have a very short life.
  • Reply 1348 of 1351
    Quote:

A gay marriage supporter telling everyone what Jesus would do, now that is arrogance. It seems that you like re-write the tenants of Christianity to fit you. How convenient.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/172653

What the Bible really says about marriage.
  • Reply 1349 of 1351
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    What is it about religions that makes it's followers so damn annoying?

Go ahead and believe what you want but stay out of everybody's private lives and stop trying to force others to live according to your standards.
  • Reply 1350 of 1351
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

What is it about religions that makes it's followers so damn annoying?

Same thing can be said about Apple zealots.
  • Reply 1351 of 1351
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Same thing can be said about Apple zealots.

Touche!!