Help on Picking new Mac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I currently am running a PC as my living room media center. I hate windows and would really like to setup a new mac. I truly want to ditch my cable company DVR and turn my new Mac into a HD-DVR. I would like to watch, record 2 channls along with pause and all that good stuff in HD. When recording HD content, the quality must be very high.

What do you guys think my next big purchase should be? I was thinking a quad core Mac Pro. However, what video card? How much ram? Hard drive suggestions. What software/hardware should I buy to record live HDTV? How can I set up a remote control to work on my mac? Is there a way I can reocrd content and have it imported into iTunes? Should I wait for the next big thing from Apple? (I am really in no rush) I plan on spending a good amount of money and figured you guys could give me good guidence.

Any other suggestions/ideas/comments would really be appriceated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    I've looked into this too and, unfortunately, right now Windows Vista is the better offering
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

I've looked into this too and, unfortunately, right now Windows Vista is the better offering

No shit... what are you running?