Apple finally taking orders for new in-ear headphones

Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    Well, there go the headphones off my Christmas wishlist - what a disappointment... I really wanted the volume control on the headphones...
  • Reply 42 of 67
    As Apple states in its iPhone Safety Guide:

Driving and Riding Safely

Use of iPhone alone or with headphones (even if used only in one ear) while driving

a vehicle or riding a bicycle is not recommended and is illegal in some areas.

Certainly it would seem prudent for Apple not to even suggest that the new headsets be intended for use in the iPhone. In particular, the in-ear construction totally blocks external sounds, unlike the current ear phones. The liabilities could be onerous.

Obviously, one could claim that they would never drive with using the headphones in both ears. However, just walking out of your home with them on, you put yourself in jeopardy if you are deemed liable for causing an accident while wearing headsets.

Sounds scary doesn't it. However, even the "USA Track & Field", the national governing body for running, has banned the use of headphones and portable audio players like iPods at its official races, "basically (because of) an insurance issue.
  • Reply 43 of 67
    robb01robb01 Posts: 148member
    Going to order soon!

• Reply 44 of 67
    mactoidmactoid Posts: 112member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tofino View Post

don't whine about the whining...

Oh man!!! I just hate it when people whine about the whining. Why can't people just not whine about whining and just let the whiners be?????? PUUULLLLEEASSEE??????

• Reply 45 of 67
    Well honestly, this is a product not even made for the iPhone.

It's made for the iPod touch and the Nano.

Apple says it does not support the iPhone with this product.

What is the big surprise?

It will turn the touch into a Skype phone.

That is the big news.
  • Reply 46 of 67
    here is the Apple support doc on the "compatibility" issue with the iPhone

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3310
  • Reply 47 of 67
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post

here is the Apple support doc on the "compatibility" issue with the iPhone

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3310

Thanks.

(You beat me by five minutes with posting this link.)
  • Reply 48 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I swear to god that the Internet was a friendlier, happier place before the iPhone was announced.

As an iPhone user, I am here to whine about the fact that you did not capitalize the "g."
  • Reply 49 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

As an iPhone user, I am here to whine about the fact that you did not capitalize the "g."

depends "who/what" his god is
  • Reply 50 of 67
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I already ordered them, so as usual you are incorrect.

PS: Of all the forums I frequent and all the people I interact with on a daily basis I have never engaged anyone who complains as much and is as pessimistic as you. I really wonder what makes you tick.

Good for you. Too bad they won't work in your iPhone. Since they won't work in your iPhone I wonder where you'll plug them in? Don't answer that.

You're the one whining that they won't work in your iPhone and are pining that they should- and what do you call that?

Complaining about your constant whining is something I do not back away from.

I am not pessimistic - but you are delusional. Apple did not make these headphones for the iPhone- so sorry you can't comprehend that reality.
  • Reply 51 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by davey-nb View Post

Well honestly, this is a product not even made for the iPhone.

It's made for the iPod touch and the Nano.

Apple says it does not support the iPhone with this product.

What is the big surprise?

It will turn the touch into a Skype phone.

That is the big news.

Thank you- try explaining that to solipsism.
  • Reply 52 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigmc6000 View Post

Well, there go the headphones off my Christmas wishlist - what a disappointment... I really wanted the volume control on the headphones...

Tell it to solipsism.
  • Reply 53 of 67
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Indeed. Your Apple release schedule insights and predictions will not have any impact one way or the other on my merriment. I guess your Gift Card idea is an option but I don't generally like gift cards - receiving or giving. Gift cards don't satisfy my need for instant gratification.

Neither do I. I recently found a bunch of gift cards I haev never used for Apple, Old Navy and Banana Republic. I have no interest in putting them in my card/money clip or even verifying the amount.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Good for you. Too bad they won't work in your iPhone. Since they won't work in your iPhone I wonder where you'll plug them in? Don't answer that.

You're the one whining that they won't work in your iPhone and are pining that they should- and what do you call that?

Complaining about your constant whining is something I do not back away from.

I am not pessimistic - but you are delusional. Apple did not make these headphones for the iPhone- so sorry you can't comprehend that reality.

Which post would that be? The one where I stated that the iPhone probably wasn't designed with the HW capabilities for the volume controls or the one the one where I stated that it will have in a future iPhone update? For someone that spends his days searching for something to complain about you'd think that you could tell a actual complaint, but i guess a liar is a liar.

PS: Now I remember why I blocked you.
  • Reply 54 of 67
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    they sure don't make them easy to find in the online Apple store. unbelievably hidden.

the deal breaker for me on these headphones is that they are one huge cable. I prefer the Sony design, where it is a shorter cable with an included extension. that makes it more versatile and usable with other devices such as an iPod shuffle clipped to a hat.
  • Reply 55 of 67
    The real issue here is timing, for both the in-ear and standard earphones with controls.

I put off buying an iTouch, waiting for the new style. The prices for Black Friday were too good to pass up, and then Apple offered free shipping for orders placed on Cyber Monday. The release followed the next day!

Not only do I now have them on my Christmas list, I'll have to pay shipping to Apple or drive to Indianapolis to pick up a pair of 30-dollar earphones. No savings there.

Bah-humbug.
  • Reply 56 of 67
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Tell it to solipsism.

Teckstud... Go to your room!
  • Reply 57 of 67
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    There is no logical reason why in-ear earphones should need multiple drivers. I would go so far as to say they ought to sound worse, given the lack of room for components to form a decent crossover.

• Reply 58 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Neither do I. I recently found a bunch of gift cards I haev never used for Apple, Old Navy and Banana Republic. I have no interest in putting them in my card/money clip or even verifying the amount.

Which post would that be? The one where I stated that the iPhone probably wasn't designed with the HW capabilities for the volume controls or the one the one where I stated that it will have in a future iPhone update? For someone that spends his days searching for something to complain about you'd think that you could tell a actual complaint, but i guess a liar is a liar.

PS: Now I remember why I blocked you.

Where did I ever mention that you were complaining??? You just whine and pine for these earphones to work in your iPhone and they won't- so you get mad- too bad.

Your loss.
  • Reply 59 of 67
    shogunshogun Posts: 362member
    Quote:

You just whine and pine...

You are a pain to read. You offer little of value. You have complained on this thread more than any other three people combined.

It's not cool.

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Play nice or go away...
  • Reply 60 of 67
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    I'll just go to Mapple's Brainiac Bar and buy some MyPhonies to use instead.