Adobe to be largely a no-show at Macworld 2009

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    optikoptik Posts: 25member
    Here is my 2 cent. ""HELLO ADOBE""Until YOU get a 64bit CS4 working for macs hint (snow lepord Coco)IM SO HATEING ADOBE RIGHT NOW

THEY MUST FIRST PORT TO COCO AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE LONG AGO(They do have billons and a mac dev team so WTF Give us 64bit CS4 "BUT NO.

Windumbs got 64bit cs4 So thats why im thinking they a no show they would feel stupid

So they should stay home or come on stage at Macworld and get hit with bit off of Apples
  • Reply 42 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OPTIK View Post

Here is my 2 cent. ""HELLO ADOBE""Until YOU get a 64bit CS4 working for macs hint (snow lepord Coco)IM SO HATEING ADOBE RIGHT NOW

THEY MUST FIRST PORT TO COCO AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE LONG AGO(They do have billons and a mac dev team so WTF Give us 64bit CS4 "BUT NO.

Windumbs got 64bit cs4 So thats why im thinking they a no show they would feel stupid

So they should stay home or come on stage at Macworld and get hit with bit off of Apples

Is this a serious post?
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Is this a serious post?

Um Yhea" Care to tell me in short why u think diff?\

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-99...?tag=nefd.blgs

At the WWDC show last June, however, Adobe & other developers learned that Apple had decided to stop their Carbon 64 efforts. This means that 64-bit Mac apps need to be written to use Cocoa (as Lightroom is) instead of Carbon. This means that we'll need to rewrite large parts of Photoshop and its plug-ins (potentially affecting over a million lines of code) to move it from Carbon to Cocoa.

Hope that helps ya pain lol

Apple provides two technologies, Carbon and Cocoa, to help programmers take advantage of operating system services such as managing memory, fonts, or windows. Initially, Apple had planned to make both Carbon and Cocoa available in 64-bit incarnations, but Apple announced at the conference that only Cocoa would be.

Photoshop is written using Carbon, which dates from the earlier Mac OS 9 era and is better suited to cross-platform programming; Cocoa, like the newer Mac OS X, dates back to Jobs' previous company, Nextstep.

"When they chose not to do Carbon 64, we had to reevaluate our road map for getting there," Nack said. Adobe immediately assigned new programmers to the Cocoa switch "so we could make this transition as fast as possible, but as the saying goes, nine women can't make a baby in a month. You can only proceed at a certain pace," he said.

That being said I would think adobe what feel pretty dumb once every thing goes cocoa agin Hint (SNOW LEPORD) at mac world when its announced at macworld Hell Adobe even called mac users trolls WTF .

Adobe is Great which (On my MP) i use cs4. BUT THEY DO overprice their programs. Why can't adobe care for the Mac as they have for Window 64 bits? THOSE IDIOTS! Mac users use adobe products more than windows users! And they rip us off? GAH!

Please dont me started.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:

Um Yhea" Care to tell me in short why u think diff?\

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-99...?tag=nefd.blgs

At the WWDC show last June, however, Adobe & other developers learned that Apple had decided to stop their Carbon 64 efforts. This means that 64-bit Mac apps need to be written to use Cocoa (as Lightroom is) instead of Carbon. This means that we'll need to rewrite large parts of Photoshop and its plug-ins (potentially affecting over a million lines of code) to move it from Carbon to Cocoa.

Hope that helps ya pain lol

Apple provides two technologies, Carbon and Cocoa, to help programmers take advantage of operating system services such as managing memory, fonts, or windows. Initially, Apple had planned to make both Carbon and Cocoa available in 64-bit incarnations, but Apple announced at the conference that only Cocoa would be.

Photoshop is written using Carbon, which dates from the earlier Mac OS 9 era and is better suited to cross-platform programming; Cocoa, like the newer Mac OS X, dates back to Jobs' previous company, Nextstep.

"When they chose not to do Carbon 64, we had to reevaluate our road map for getting there," Nack said. Adobe immediately assigned new programmers to the Cocoa switch "so we could make this transition as fast as possible, but as the saying goes, nine women can't make a baby in a month. You can only proceed at a certain pace," he said.

That being said I would think adobe what feel pretty dumb once every thing goes cocoa agin Hint (SNOW LEPORD) at mac world when its announced at macworld Hell Adobe even called mac users trolls WTF .

Adobe is Great which (On my MP) i use cs4. BUT THEY DO overprice their programs. Why can't adobe care for the Mac as they have for Window 64 bits? THOSE IDIOTS! Mac users use adobe products more than windows users! And they rip us off? GAH!

Please dont me started.

You've obviously not been following any og the threads where this has been discussed to death, or even the posts here.

When Apple brings its own major programs to Cocoa, then maybe you will have some right to complain about others.

If you knew what all this involves, then you would be less hysterical about it.

Adobe planned to bring the programs to 64 bits using the Carbon 64 bit API's that Apple assured developers it was going to maintain, expand, and finish.

Then, as Apple often does, they changed their minds mid stream, and said they were abandoning it.

This left not only Adobe out in the cold, but their OWN development teams.

How do you like that?

When Apple learns to be more consistent, then it will make things easier for everyone else, even those in their own company.

You realize that most of their own programs, such as iTunes, can only use two cores?

Put blame where it belongs.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

That being said I would think adobe what feel pretty dumb once every thing goes cocoa agin Hint (SNOW LEPORD) at mac world when its announced at macworld

Has that been confirmed? When is Apple going to update all its Carbon-based pro apps?

Quote:

Hell Adobe even called mac users trolls WTF.

When did they do that?

Quote:

Please dont me started.

I'd say you already started. Frankly, I think Adobe's pro apps are about right for the industry. I don't think anyone has to update their apps on every revision. If the improvements aren't enough to justify the price, I think it's valid to wait a rev cycle.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Has that been confirmed? When is Apple going to update all its Carbon-based pro apps?

Confirmed By Apple I cant say so.But being pragmatic I can. Final cut still dont use multi core very well at all, nor motion. Compressor,Shake, YES those apps do use multi pretty well That will change once snow lepord arrives. FCP users are in 4 a treat

When did they do that?

http://www.macdailynews.com/index.ph...omments/11484/

http://www.invbiznews.com/wordpress/...yal-customers/

I'd say you already started. Frankly, I think Adobe's pro apps are about right for the industry. I don't think anyone has to update their apps on every revision. If the improvements aren't enough to justify the price, I think it's valid to wait a rev cycle.

As far as price i would say its not that bitter AS LONG AS CS5 DONT SHOW UP NEXT YEAR

Besides the OP was about Adobe to be largely a no-show at Macworld 2009

Which for not being ready to go 64 bit with its apps is truly sad id stay home to Remember HE CALLED US LOYAL MAC FANS TROLLS(zealots)&$#^John Nack Give us 64bit And ILL Calm Down till then $@*# HIM
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Quote:

As far as price i would say its not that bitter AS LONG AS CS5 DONT SHOW UP NEXT YEAR

Besides the OP was about Adobe to be largely a no-show at Macworld 2009

Which for not being ready to go 64 bit with its apps is truly sad id stay home to Remember HE CALLED US LOYAL MAC FANS TROLLS(zealots)&$#^John Nack Give us 64bit And ILL Calm Down till then $@*# HIM

You think you can calm down just a bit? All that fluffery makes your posts more difficult to read.

I do have to tell you though, that if Adobe came out next year with CS5 in Cocoa and 64 bit, most people would be very happy.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

You think you can calm down just a bit? All that fluffery makes your posts more difficult to read.

I do have to tell you though, that if Adobe came out next year with CS5 in Cocoa and 64 bit, most people would be very happy.

Most people LOL would never pay $999 every year for the next photoshop duh

Hey its all good man if you are stuck up John Nacks Crack

photoshop CS3 - released 4/2007

Photoshop CS4 - released 10/2008

Photoshop CS5 - released ?/2009

They are a very rich company and im starting to think You and Mr.Nack are brothers if you think most people would think that timeline is fair play.

Mabey you should be a Adobe Sales Rep and then tell true users that Silly POV(point of view)of

yours.

• Reply 49 of 50
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Adobe's venturing very close to Bloatware status.

We have good alternatives already:

inDesign = Quark Xpress 8 (very good)

Photoshop = Aperture + Pixelmator

Illustrator = Inkscape or Lineform

Bah . . . I can't think of any others.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    Quote:

Most people LOL would never pay $999 every year for the next photoshop duh

Hey its all good man if you are stuck up John Nacks Crack

photoshop CS3 - released 4/2007

Photoshop CS4 - released 10/2008

Photoshop CS5 - released ?/2009

They are a very rich company and im starting to think You and Mr.Nack are brothers if you think most people would think that timeline is fair play.

Mabey you should be a Adobe Sales Rep and then tell true users that Silly POV(point of view)of

yours.

Maybe you should post something intelligent?