Help! Computer won't wake from sleep

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
My Mac went to sleep a few hours ago and it won't wake up. I have a dual gig w/23" cinema display. i tried doing control-option-command-eject to no avail. is this considered a warm-boot with OS X? i'm not familar with OS X enough yet

Apple tech support is closed and I can't find any info on the web

is it ok to hit the restart button on the computer??

many thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    You might as well hit that reset button. It certainly won't upset anything, unless there's unsaved work you'd rather not lose.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    [quote]Originally posted by burningwheel:

<strong>My Mac went to sleep a few hours ago and it won't wake up. I have a dual gig w/23" cinema display. i tried doing control-option-command-eject to no avail. is this considered a warm-boot with OS X? i'm not familar with OS X enough yet

Apple tech support is closed and I can't find any info on the web

is it ok to hit the restart button on the computer??

many thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

happened to me a couple of times too. trust me, it will never wake. you gotta push the reset botton. i zapped the pram after the last time and so far it hasnt happened again... [knocking on wood]
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I had the same problem a couple of times on my PB400 (Pissmo). I Firmware update did the trick. Maybe thats the solution for you to if the problem comes back...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Somestime when I have this problem, I think I iniated sleep mode when mail.app was trying to close and or classic was open. When these variables are not present. I do not have the problem....hmm