10.1.5 build 5S57

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    thesloththesloth Posts: 11member
    I hope so too. But its always better to be pessimistic in these situations. After all it has been 2 years since the public beta when us rage pro people discovered our lack of support. I have zealously kept my os x up to date in the so far vain hope that suddenly support will arrive. So I guess we'll see...
  • Reply 42 of 63
    engpjpengpjp Posts: 124member
    I guess it'll be difficult to answer this question except by presumption, but here goes:

When 10.1.5 is said to be using RagePro graphics chips to accellerate graphics, does that then include the RageLTPro which is used by WallStreets?

The lawsuit was, after all, begun by people with WallStreets who felt cheated by Apple----
  • Reply 43 of 63
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>hmmm... sure, turn everything off in EV Nova and you have a very boring game.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

[offtopic]

me Falls of chair in disbelief

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: low-fi ]</p>
  • Reply 44 of 63
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    [quote]Originally posted by engpjp:

<strong>

When 10.1.5 is said to be using RagePro graphics chips to accellerate graphics, does that then include the RageLTPro which is used by WallStreets? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry, I don't have any machines (nor access to any) with a Rage Pro, so I know nothing beyond the blurb in the readme.
  • Reply 45 of 63
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Office v.X - SR1 is now available. 10.1.5 will be out sometime later today, I imagine.
  • Reply 46 of 63
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs:

<strong>Office v.X - SR1 is now available. 10.1.5 will be out sometime later today, I imagine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yea...I've been mucking around on Apple's site trying to find where they shoved the GM...no luck so far. If I find it I'll post the link here first. (Meaning AI OS X Forum)
  • Reply 47 of 63
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes, Apple needs to get their shizzit together (they always release updates late at night I've noticed)

From Versiontracker's SR1 page, the very first item:

[quote]

What's new in this version:

Quartz text smoothing: Users of Mac OS X version 10.1.5 (which Apple hasn't released as of this story) or higher can take advantage of the Quartz drawing engine to smooth text edges. Quartz text smoothing makes on-screen text easier to read, particularly in Word and Entourage. Quartz text smoothing is also available in Excel and PowerPoint.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 48 of 63
    Has anyone used Office X SR1 yet? It doesn't hurt anything, does it? No bugs or crashing, right? So, I guess I'm asking for experience with it in 10.1.4, but when 10.1.5 comes out, your experiences there are also welcome.
  • Reply 49 of 63
    Oops....

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 50 of 63
    milekno77milekno77 Posts: 17member
    on the 'whats new in office SR-1' page, there is a not so subtle hint that 10.1.5 is forthcoming very soon...

"If you are using Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later, Office can now take advantage of the Quartz drawing engine to smooth the edges of text. Quartz text smoothing makes text on your screen easier to read, but has no effect on printed documents."
  • Reply 51 of 63
    WTF when is Apple going to release it, at midnight!? I have to go home shortly. Apple is dumb sometimes.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    More and more I'm suspecting 10.1.5 will be a part of Jobs' event tomorrow. Thinking in addition to whatever the major aspect of the announcement is, there may also be updates to one or more of the iApps. Perhaps Jobs doesn't want to waste time talking about it at MWNY because he has bigger fish to fry, so he's getting the digital hub type stuff out of the way now? Just a theory. Anyone know what time the event is / who is covering it?

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 53 of 63
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Thinking you are right Moogs. Can't see Apple releasing the update later tonight....but I may stay up till midnight PST to find out zzzz
  • Reply 54 of 63
    Thinkin along the same lines kc. Not tired right now. Hey, you have a favorite UT server? LOL. A bunch of us can meet there and take out our frustrations on one another until 00:00 PDT.

• Reply 55 of 63
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Why would it? :confused:

EV already bypasses Quartz's double buffering and uses a custom engine for the effects and drawing. That's why it can run in OS9 too. I can't imagine EV getting any performance boosts from system updates with exception to recompiling with gcc 3.1.</strong><hr></blockquote>

EV Nova was actually compiled with MetroWerks CodeWarrior, which produces infinitely better code than even gcc 3.1...

(speaking of EV Nova, version 1.0.1 is out, both as a full version, and as a small updater)
  • Reply 56 of 63
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by moki:

<strong>(speaking of EV Nova, version 1.0.1 is out, both as a full version, and as a small updater)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey! No spamming, bucko!

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Belle ]</p>
  • Reply 57 of 63
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    I ran the SR1 Office v.X update on my iBook with 10.1.4 and everything seems fine. I had to re-enter my Office serial after the update thou.

Don't know why.
  • Reply 58 of 63
    Not that I'm the coder Andrew is, but if MWCW is such a superior compiler compared to gcc 3.x - why on earth would Apple use the latter and not the former? Clearly there are things gcc 3.x offers that Codewarrior does not, otherwise they wouldn't use it.

Also, I read some comments from Bad Andy over at Ars recently that indicates CW does better with scalar code issues, but that otherwise it's hard to tell the difference between the end results produced by gcc 3.x and CW.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Moogs ]</p>
  • Reply 59 of 63
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Adding to Moogs' post, I thought Apple was using CodeWarrior for the Finder. If so, why does that suck lemons especially in the speed/quickness department? Is it strictly a threading issue?
  • Reply 60 of 63
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fobie:

<strong>I ran the SR1 Office v.X update on my iBook with 10.1.4 and everything seems fine. I had to re-enter my Office serial after the update thou.

Don't know why.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I had to also and I have no clue where my serial number is so I can't use Office at the moment.

Anyone willing to send me their serial? PM me or email me.