International iTunes purchasing

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited March 2014
This has become a problem for me as of late.

Some of the music that I have been looking for is not available in the US store, but it is the UK store, but since I have a US account I cant purchase it.

I tried to just make a new account but you need a valid UK address to have a UK account.

Why cant Apple/iTunes just treat a US account holder purchasing UK tracks the same as ordering an import from a record station, or just have a world account option.

I understand that there is content that the creators only want availabe in a certain area, but wtf this is 2008, if you arent going to buy it from them then your prob just gonna get it illegally.

Thoughs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I agree, I'm a in the UK, and wish at times could access US content...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    The way to get around this is to use iTunes gift cards for the country you need.

Search around online and you'll find plenty of places that sell US, UK, Japanese and other iTunes gift cards.

Once you have the card, go to the store you want and enter in the code in the "Redeem" section.

VoilÃ* - you now have credit to spend on whatever you want.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    itunes gift card, you can buy it at ebay or most other places. and then you're free to purchase as you want. is this good? i'm usually done this to buy music from united state, which seems illegal, i think.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    So you're spending money in order to do something that you yourself still consider illegal. Why not make this simpler and download the file illegally directly? To quiet your mind a *little*? To me it just seems wrong. I mean: I, too, want to buy stuff that's only available on other countries' iTunes stores. They don't let me pay for it, why should I have to invent ways to pay for it and still be the culprit after all?
  • Reply 5 of 7

i have found that buying itunes giftcards online and than creating a new account on itunes works the best. i use http://iTunes-GiftCards.com/ to buy the codes. i used to use ebay but i got scammed. they help you through the process, gfast and great costumer service

• Reply 6 of 7

i have found that buying itunes giftcards online and than creating a new account on itunes works the best. i use http://iTunes-GiftCards.com/ to buy the codes. i used to use ebay but i got scammed. they help you through the process, gfast and great costumer service

• Reply 7 of 7

You can always buy UK itunes gift cards to use on the UK itunes without any problems... and you just set up a UK account using ANY uk address, it could be a hotel or whatever.