A Little TV/Film Game

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
My wife and I have a running game we play where we construct narratives to explain actors' appearances in multiple movies or series--we pretend that it's actually the same character moving from place to place.

For instance:

Doug Ross had humble beginnings as a Kuwati construction worker hanging out with Mrs. Garrett and the girls before he moved to Illinois to work a factory line in Roseanne and the gang. Obviously, after leaving the factory, Doug began working as an ER doctor in Chicago, ultimately leaving run a fishing boat out of Maine, but not before he worked briefly as a reporter in Chicago.

See?

Now, here's the question:

If Omar Epps didn't actually die from the suicide attempt in Chicago but was actually saved by Gregory House, at what point did Epps become a vampire in Dracula 2000? Or is it possible that he was already a vampire before working in the Chicago ER...and that's why he didn't die?

Care to play?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    This game is too hard! Don't you have any games where you say something and then I make rude noises and put up a lot of these guys

Oh wait, we already do that.

OK, Omar Epps was a vampire all along. When he worked in the ER, he was all about the transfusions.

And he would have totally chowed down on House by now, but assumes he's bitter.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    In fact, we can be fairly certain he was turned when he stowed away on the wrong freighter, Nosferatu style.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I was thinking last night of the remarkable trajectory of Martin Sheen. I mean, from humble beginnings as a reporter for the NY Times covering Gandhi to the disillusionment of his Vietnam years trackng Kurtz to becoming the Chief of Staff to actually becoming the preznit.

It's really just a fine example of the American dream, innit?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My lawyers will be contacting you. i hurt my ass-bone when I fell out of my chair from laughing so hard.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    OMG. Just now watching Law and Order and holy crap! Sherry Stringfield must have gone to law school after she left ER! That must've been really hard, since she left Chicago (at the height of ER's popularity!) to go be with Little Susie and Chloe.

And holy crap! Ned Beatty! He must have gone to law school, too, after he retired from being a homicide cop in Baltimore. He's another one of those amazing trajectories. I mean, he goes from being raped by hillbillies to the Baltimore PD to beinga NYC judge!