Which Hard Disk for Newer Macbook Pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Happy Holidays Everyone...

I just got a 2.53Ghz MBP and would like to upgrade the Hard Drive.

I'll be using it for Audio/Video Playback and need the fastest drive available.

I read about the vibration issues and it's a big concern.

Does anyone knows the right hard drive that will not get the vibration issues?

thanks for your help

Mastersonics

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I do believe this one is good.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148336

Thanks for the link Ireland

so this one doesn't have the vibration issue?

Is this model the one that comes with the BTO MBP from Apple?

thanks again

M
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I would recommend getting a good SSD instead of a traditional HDD, if your budget allows it. It's the fastest drive money can buy, and it won't have any vibration issues because there're no moving parts at all.

I've been using an SSD-based MacBook Air for sometime. It's very responsive, especially on dealing with many small files, maybe not so important on A/V playback though...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mastersonics View Post

Thanks for the link Ireland

so this one doesn't have the vibration issue?

Just put this in a 2.53 last week. No vibration problem for me.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by afx5i View Post

I would recommend getting a good SSD instead of a traditional HDD, if your budget allows it. It's the fastest drive money can buy, and it won't have any vibration issues because there're no moving parts at all.

I've been using an SSD-based MacBook Air for sometime. It's very responsive, especially on dealing with many small files, maybe not so important on A/V playback though...

Hi afx5i

I will be using this MBP mostly for my band shows

Which I will be playing backup tracks, controlling a small lighting system and displaying video/pictures as well.

I'm not sure if a SSD drive will be what I need for this though but thanks a lot for taking the time and write about it.

I was thinking about this option but the price is pretty prohibited at the moment and

the benefit for using a SSD for what I'll be doing I read is negligent for the investment.

thanks a lot and happy holidays to you and everyone at AI

M
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mastersonics View Post

Hi afx5i

I will be using this MBP mostly for my band shows

Which I will be playing backup tracks, controlling a small lighting system and displaying video/pictures as well.

I'm not sure if a SSD drive will be what I need for this though but thanks a lot for taking the time and write about it.

I was thinking about this option but the price is pretty prohibited at the moment and

the benefit for using a SSD for what I'll be doing I read is negligent for the investment.

thanks a lot and happy holidays to you and everyone at AI

M

Hey Mastersonics, it's very kind of you to write back. I wish you a nice holiday with your new MBP too.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by afx5i View Post

hey mastersonics, it's very kind of you to write back. I wish you a nice holiday with your new mbp too.