i mac or mini

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was thinking of getting a new i mac but should i save a few hundred bucks and just get the mini

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Maybe you should.

Or, maybe you shouldn't.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Maybe you should.

Or, maybe you shouldn't.

Much too positive an answer. I think you should have prefaced it with: IMHO.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tv123 View Post

I was thinking of getting a new i mac but should i save a few hundred bucks and just get the mini

It all depends on what you'll be doing on your machine and your budget constraints.

Do you already have a monitor, keyboard and mouse you can pair with the Mini?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Whatever you do, you should wait until after MWSF2009, which usually happens the first full week in January, because the iMac and Mac mini should be updated then. If you do not like the updated models then you can get the "old" model, probably for less than you can get them now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

Whatever you do, you should wait until after MWSF2009, which usually happens the first full week in January, because the iMac and Mac mini should be updated then. If you do not like the updated models then you can get the "old" model, probably for less than you can get them now.

I think this is good suggestion.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    you should definitely wait. only 1 more week!

but as a few people already mentioned. it all depends on what you're going to use it for AND what you have already. and i dono if u typed it wrong, the iMac is more expensive than the mini.

the imac is very nice and compact, everything in one piece. this is good if you are limited in space or you jsut like things clean. it can also go alot faster than the mini and afew more options.

if you have a nice monitor not in use or would like to save money by just buying your own monitor, then the mini is your choice.

but the final decision should be based on what you will actually be using it on? just surfing and light work? then go for the mini. do you need to do photo/light video editing? then go for the imac.