Program for encoding video to DVD format?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got a Macbook and trying to find software to change any type of video format (avi,mpeg4,divx,wma,etc...) to dvd format and then burn to disc. Lots of different ones out just want to find one that is easy to use. Please help, new to the Mac world.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sterling View Post

I just got a Macbook and trying to find software to change any type of video format (avi,mpeg4,divx,wma,etc...) to dvd format and then burn to disc. Lots of different ones out just want to find one that is easy to use. Please help, new to the Mac world.

The software that you want is called iDVD and it was preinstalled on your Mac. MPEG4 is native to QuickTime and the Mac. AVI is a container, most of which are DivX-encoded. WMA is the audio track of Windows media. Generally, you will be fine with the Flip4Mac (for WMV) and Perian (for darned near everything else) QuickTime codecs installed.

Many Mac users swear by Toast, a commercial DVD authoring application. It includes the codecs that iDVD users must acquire on their own.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bclapperbclapper Posts: 237member
    iDVD is limited to 2hrs

For quick and easy, no frills burning I like Visualhub, which I believe is now called FilmRedux

Takes pretty much anything you can throw at it and converts to many formats, not just DVD