Macworld site rife with concealed banners (photos)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I already know what we will read here on Jan 5th afternoon. No matter what Apple does the same people will post the following every time after every Apple event.

-"That's it?!"

-"This is the worst Apple event ever!"

-"Disappointing!"

-"You don't need an event for that?!"

-etc..

I think they already started typing their posts

They just repost the same messages from last year.
  • Reply 22 of 78
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Al Gore will tell us that thanks to him Apple is now "greener" with all Macs sporting FU'GLY GLOSSY SCREENS.
  • Reply 23 of 78
    With more speculation this time around than the multiply confirmed updates of the last couple events, I think the show will be pretty exciting. Also, while anticipation still seems to be present, there doesn't seem to be as many ridiculous expectations (but rather low expectations). Maybe they have a decent chance of not underwhelming this event and hopefully the stock won't take a down-turn for once.
  • Reply 24 of 78
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I already know what we will read here on Jan 5th afternoon. No matter what Apple does the same people will post the following every time after every Apple event.

-"That's it?!"

-"This is the worst Apple event ever!"

-"Disappointing!"

-"You don't need an event for that?!"

-etc..

I think they already started typing their posts

You're absolutely right! IMO, rumor and news sites are partially to blame for it as well because they get everyone's hopes up for something and if Apple doesn't release it then its automatically a boring dumb keynote. Just wait and see if Apple doesn't release a MacMini...you will see bitching and complaining likes it Apple's fault when Apple had nothing to do with any fault. The fault was of the rumor and news sites getting misinformation and reporting on it. And you can't get away from it either. Everywhere you go and read Apple news there is some type of speculation about something. So you can't say well you choose to visit rumor sites.
  • Reply 25 of 78
    If I was trying to institute a transition I would have Steve Jobs no where in sight and announce some products that just knock everyone's socks off. i.e.:

AppleTV with an HD capture card/TIVO like

30 inch iMac

All new Displays

32GB iPhone

Quad Core, dual display Mac

Updated Mac Mini

Updated MacPro

64GB iPod Touch

Firewire BTO option for the MacBook

etc.

Apple needs to decouple the concept that SJ is the root of all things good.

-Matt
  • Reply 26 of 78
    What I suspect is going to happen, is Phil is gonna do his presentation, and then it's gonna transition with Steve walking onstage with "But there is, One More Thing."
  • Reply 27 of 78
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    What might an IR or UV camera do to those drapes?
  • Reply 28 of 78
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    or just your apple masturbation.This year MACWORLD is gonna suck. Actually why am I here... Off to TAUW (...no not really)
  • Reply 29 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celco View Post

or just your apple masturbation.This year MACWORLD is gonna suck. Actually why am I here... Off to TAUW (...no not really)

Wow. Had a bad day?
  • Reply 30 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matthawaii View Post

Yep, agreed.

In fact, I think it wouldn't hurt at all for Steve to focus entirely on innovation and R&D, and let others take over the running of Apple.

Perhaps he already does that in effect?... but it'd be good to make sure that updates and other less-exciting aspects were given more attention (by others).
  • Reply 31 of 78
    The more relevant banner, which for some stupid reason doesn't seem to be here, would surely be the one that says 'even our small talk is big'. There's a photo of it on the MacRumors site. I thought Apple was usually subtle about these things? Pointless iPhone Nano, here we come!
  • Reply 32 of 78
    pxtpxt Posts: 683member
    Quote:

I

[...]

-Matt

Apple also need to decouple themselves from product announcements one week AFTER the biggest selling season of the year.
  • Reply 33 of 78
    pxtpxt Posts: 683member
    The banners are giant portraits of Phil Schiller
  • Reply 34 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Wow, concealed posters, it's "rife" with them. Thank God I have an actual life. All these posters could be for the iDildo. Means nothing. It's like looking into the drum that contains the lottery balls and saying; "imagine, the winning combination is in that drum". I hate the week leading up to Apple events, so many stories about "nothing".

Wow, moving on.

but not such a happy and filled life that you can avoid posting bile.. CLASSY

anyway, I thought the REALLY "no news" post was the one about the iGloves.. BOOM
  • Reply 35 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PXT View Post

The banners are giant portraits of Phil Schiller

ALL HAIL lord Phil, at least he has "i" in his name, so the re-brand should go SMOOTH
  • Reply 36 of 78
    dzigndzign Posts: 27member
    "I'll still tune in with great anticipation, and while people are already predicting there will be no major announcements, I'm not so sure. Instead, I think this is the first step in proving to the Apple community (and investors) that while Steve's vision is important to Apple, Apple is not Steve, and Apple will not disappear when Steve retires from the company ? which he is going to do, sooner or later."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...world-lookback
  • Reply 37 of 78
    I'm glad there's no real good rumors out there. It makes the keynote more exciting because you don't know what they're gonna come out with next. This is how it should be!
  • Reply 38 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I'm glad there's no real good rumors out there. It makes the keynote more exciting because you don't know what they're gonna come out with next. This is how it should be!

Special jamming systems must have been installed in all relevant elevators to prevent photos from being taken.

It does add a sense of mystery that is exciting. No more news items titled: "As expected, Apple releases.."

Still, hoards of people will be posting moments after the conclusion of the keynote that it was the worst ever, that they are very displeased that Apple didn't give them everything they wanted, etc.

Wish there was a filter we could apply that would weed out those posts.
  • Reply 39 of 78
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Quote:

If I was trying to institute a transition I would have Steve Jobs no where in sight and announce some products that just knock everyone's socks off. i.e.:

AppleTV with an HD capture card/TIVO like

30 inch iMac

All new Displays

32GB iPhone

Quad Core, dual display Mac

Updated Mac Mini

Updated MacPro

64GB iPod Touch

Firewire BTO option for the MacBook

etc.

-Matt

The problem with a gang-buster MWSF Blowout is that the reasons the show are a problem are only half about SJ: They don't want to have to put major new announcements at a single event in a single quarter. They want to be able to release products frequently enough to maintain buzz (even without as charismatic a presenter as SJ).

So, it comes down to what problem they want to focus on now. SJ Health or Product Cycles. As for the specific products... well, some of them might be nice to have...
  • Reply 40 of 78
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Special jamming systems must have been installed in all relevant elevators to prevent photos from being taken.

It does add a sense of mystery that is exciting. No more news items titled: "As expected, Apple releases.."

Still, hoards of people will be posting moments after the conclusion of the keynote that it was the worst ever, that they are very displeased that Apple didn't give them everything they wanted, etc.

Wish there was a filter we could apply that would weed out those posts.

Oh absolutely! Some people you just can't please. Apple could release a 10GHz quadcore MacMini for $599, $899 iMacs with current specs, release snow leopard for $49, etc on Tuesday and someone would find something to complain about because they either go their hopes up off false rumor information, or because they didn't talk about what they wanted them to. They think Apple should tailor to their needs and think most people want it because they got a few friends together that agree upon something. Apple does what it think is best for the market that particular product competes in, not necessarily what 1 or 2 people want because everyone wants something different.

Sure, there have been some pretty bad keynotes in the past with few product launches and a lot of fillers put in place to kill time. But there has also been some really good keynotes as well.