Yahoo Mail Problems w/ iPod Touch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm trying to set up 5 different email accounts on my iPod Touch as follows:

1. Me (42 years old with Yahoo Plus email account)

2. Wife (39 y.o. with free acct)

3. Daughter (13 y.o. with free acct)

4. Daughter (11 y.o. with free acct)

5. Son (7 y.o. with free acct BUT, I told Y! that he's 30 y.o. when I set that acct up.)

I can quickly and easily set up Yahoo email accounts on my iPod Touch for #'s 1, 2, & 5, but not #'s 4 & 5. I keep getting an error saying that the user name or password are incorrect.

By the way, I tried setting them up in the order listed above.

The only thing that I can reasonable think of is that for some reason, due to the ages of #'s 3 & 4, Yahoo won't let them have "portable" accts.

Does that seem correct? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

5. Son (7 y.o. with free acct BUT, I told Y! that he's 30 y.o. when I set that acct up.)

I can quickly and easily set up Yahoo email accounts on my iPod Touch for #'s 1, 2, & 5, but not #'s 4 & 5. I keep getting an error saying that the user name or password are incorrect.

The only thing that I can reasonable think of is that for some reason, due to the ages of #'s 3 & 4, Yahoo won't let them have "portable" accts.

Well I have 5 email accounts for me (It's alot easier when you see an email in an account you know what it's for) and 2 are Yahoo, 2 are Gmail, 1 is Netidentity or 3rd Party, and I will have a 6th when I get Comcast. The process for setting up the Yahoo! account seemed pretty traight forward. If I were you I would go back and check your Yahoo! account on your computer to see if you have all your settings checked out. It could be as simple as the first word of your password is different. Also if your son and daughters are using free accounts it's a little tricky to do those. I had to start using Windows Outlook just so I could put the account on my iPod. The New 2.0 Update boasts better mail settings so if your still having problems I'd Upgrade ($10 if you upgraded in Jan or $30 if you didn't) to that and then it might work.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMick View Post

I could connect my ipod touch fine after taking an Ampersand & out of my yahoo password. Try that.