upgrade my library - how long of a wait?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I tried to upgrade my library last night.

I clicked on the link in the iTMS and the instructions say that an e-mail will be sent with instructions on the download process.

It's now about 18 hours later and I'm still waiting for the e-mail.

Is this normal?

I logged back into the iTMS and it says my upgrade is in process and to wait for the e-mail.

I don't remember the process taking this long in the past.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by briang5000 View Post

I tried to upgrade my library last night.

I clicked on the link in the iTMS and the instructions say that an e-mail will be sent with instructions on the download process.

It's now about 18 hours later and I'm still waiting for the e-mail.

Is this normal?

I logged back into the iTMS and it says my upgrade is in process and to wait for the e-mail.

I don't remember the process taking this long in the past.

Dude, there are tens of millions of users looking to do the same thing you are with thousands of their songs... be patient
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

Dude, there are tens of millions of users looking to do the same thing you are with thousands of their songs... be patient

I've been waiting since Tuesday for my e-mail to arrive so I could upgrade my library.

Today I got an e-mail from Apple telling me they had a system error and my initial request could not process.

I have to log back into iTMS tonight and try again.

BTW - dude - I know that millions of people are updating -- I was just surprised that I didn't the followup e-mail with instructions. I figured something was wrong --- and surprise .. there was a problem.

I wonder how many other poeple ran into the same problem?