will we see 10.1.6 before 10.2 comes out at the end of summer??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
or is 10.1.5 the last update till jag??? not really loving 10.1.5....not as stable as 10.1.4...i have to turn off my machine about every other day now....don't remember ever re-starting my machine with 10.1.3 or 10.1.4....oh well, nothing i can't live with, but....

what i would like in 10.1.6....iSub volume control in sound control panel, better connection to internet (get disconnected alot in os X with dial up, never get disconnected in os 9....i'm getting cable modem at end of month, so perhaps this will be a moot point...unless i get disconnected from the cable modem :eek: ), iChat released early and Chimera 1.0 as the default browser....ok, so the last two won't happen, but i can dream....g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    I hope so, I've had the same stbility issues with 10.1.5- including when I plug into my network @ work, nothing connect for about 25 minutes. Even if I manually set the network prefs, and get an IP address from the DHCP, no connection for more than 20 minutes.

This did not exsist with 10.1.4, or three, or two.

Dreamweaver beta quit constantly, and the other day, my keyboard randomly stopped working, had to logout/in to get it back (luckily the mouse still worked)

10.1.6! 10.1.6!
  • Reply 2 of 30
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    There are plenty of other things to fix too. PostScript font rendering for example. I hope 10.1.6 comes, but I can't see that happening unless it happens soon, or Jaguar is released very late, in September (like it probably will be)
  • Reply 3 of 30
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Overall, IMO 10.1.4 was better than 10.1.5 is so I'm hoping for 10.1.6.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    Gelding, you traitor! i thought you were still on 10.1.2. you're the one who encouraged me not to get the 10.1.5 update! (which i didnt get.)
  • Reply 5 of 30
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Originally posted by thegelding:

[quote]or is 10.1.5 the last update till jag???<hr></blockquote>

A fix for the networking problems in 10.1.5 is currently in testing. However, I do not know if this will be named 10.1.6 or "Network update" (the current name).
  • Reply 6 of 30
    10.1.5 has been fine for me. I don't know what you guys are talking about...

[code]

9:56AM up 8 days, 9:28, 2 users, load averages: 0.20, 0.17, 0.03

</pre><hr></blockquote>

I had to restart for some updated software I picked up... not related to stability, otherwise this would be longer...
  • Reply 7 of 30
    Apple should fix their Quartz smoothing bug with PostScript!

Also I hear 10.1.5 Macs can't "see" other 10.1.5 Macs in the server menu?
  • Reply 8 of 30
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    mac's girl, i told you not to upgrade because i did and didn't really like it....yes i need to slowly step away from the software update button and never push it again....all my updates should be major updates with cds in hand....or at least wait a few weeks for brighter people than me to try them and find the bugs first....oh well, 10.1.5 ain't bad, just liked 10.1.4 better...print center locks up now about every third time i use it....but i have heard that print center is being redone for 10.2....have fun and i'm sure i'll be hitting that damn software updater button if 10.1.6 comes out, even though i know i should just wait for 10.2......i'm weak like that....g
  • Reply 9 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by river-wind:

<strong>Dreamweaver beta quit constantly, and the other day, my keyboard randomly stopped working, had to logout/in to get it back (luckily the mouse still worked)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Macromedia came out after everone installed 10.1.5 and told us not to install it. Smooth.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    I haven't had problems with 10.1.5 but I'd rather apple put more work into 10.2 than see them spend too much more time updating 10.1 any further.

However, if people are having network problems then I do hope there will be a network fix, but not much else because it will take away from people who could be working on 10.2
  • Reply 11 of 30
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    For me, 10.1.5 has been a godsend. My 333 iMac was really hurting for the 2D quartz "acceleration". Carbon font smoothing is nice as well.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    buggybuggy Posts: 83member
    10.1.5 has been a must for me. ALL earlier versions could not properly network with an NT server. Therefore I can not go back. infact I could not use OSX on the network before 10.1.5 even though I paid for the OS I had to wait.

Therefore.

I understand those wanting to see 10.2 ASAP, however, I don't think I should have to pay again to get my original OS fully functional. 10.1.5 made it mostly functional, but there are still issues. So bring on 10.1.6

However if apple wants to release 10.2 for free then go right ahead!!!! release 10.2 and skip 10.1.6
  • Reply 13 of 30
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    10.1.5 is the best for me so far.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    No problems either. Going on to 10 days uptime.

What do you all have in common?

What do we all have in common?

LCD iMac, 768 MB ram.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    No one here has used large PostScript fonts with text smoothing apparently. They're unusable. Though I will say I haven't crashed in 10.1.5 yet, but I've only used it for about 10 or 15 hours so far.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    10.1.5 really messed up my boot times...now I'm stuck waiting on my iMac Rev B. staring at the Classic Mac icon for about two minutes while the kernel loads...though I love the 2D acceleration and Quartz font smoothing in Carbon apps...expecially IE.

And remember, all the bug fixing and work that goes into 10.1.x will also go into 10.2, so any development done on 10.1 will just filter to 10.2.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    Spart it's the other way around
  • Reply 18 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>mac's girl, i told you not to upgrade because i did and didn't really like it....yes i need to slowly step away from the software update button and never push it again....all my updates should be major updates with cds in hand....or at least wait a few weeks for brighter people than me to try them and find the bugs first....oh well, 10.1.5 ain't bad, just liked 10.1.4 better...print center locks up now about every third time i use it....but i have heard that print center is being redone for 10.2....have fun and i'm sure i'll be hitting that damn software updater button if 10.1.6 comes out, even though i know i should just wait for 10.2......i'm weak like that....g</strong><hr></blockquote>

gelding, i was only teasing ya. i think a lot of us share that weakness when it comes to hitting the software updater button. i regretted everything since10.1.2, and my third-party mouse never worked properly again until 10.1.4. i know you and several other ppl were not happy with the update, and starfleet's major problems with 10.1.5 were the deciding factor for me.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    [quote]gelding, i was only teasing ya <hr></blockquote>

cool...thought maybe you had blanked out the convo we had about the latest update...hope all is well with your cute little iMac....g
  • Reply 20 of 30
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I have had Zero kernel panics in 10.1.4 and 10.1.5.

10.1.1 and 10.1.2 paniced every 20mins or so, 10.1 and 10.1.3 every few days or so.

Barto