New Wall-e Trailer at Apple movies

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Well I just saw the trailer (I know I'm late to the party), and putting the story aside, I have to comment that the production values and quality of Pixar are heads and shoulders above anything Dreamworks brings to the table. It's pretty stunning. I can't wait to bring my daughter to the movie. She is fascinated by robots. Especially the ones with shiny metal asses.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Just saw Wall-E at the theater (opened quite late here in Japan). Excellent film. The wife loved it. Pixar really has a magical touch. Can't wait to see Up!

Before going, checked out the wikipedia article; said some conservatives didn't like the film: big business looked bad, fat people made humans look bad, blah blah blah. Laughed when I read it, and chuckled all through the movie. Conservatives like them make humans look bad.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Wall-E was brilliant, evocative, but also quite chilling at the same time.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    BTW Jezus Berg, where the heck did you even find this old, old thread...??? Glad you enjoyed it though, worth watching.... Evvv---ahh .... Waaaarrrlll EEEEE
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

BTW Jezus Berg, where the heck did you even find this old, old thread...??? Glad you enjoyed it though, worth watching.... Evvv---ahh .... Waaaarrrlll EEEEE

Half of a double major was in history... Search helps, too. If I'd only had Search back in university...
  • Reply 26 of 28
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Before going, checked out the wikipedia article; said some conservatives didn't like the film: big business looked bad, fat people made humans look bad, blah blah blah. Laughed when I read it, and chuckled all through the movie. Conservatives like them make humans look bad.

I think it was pretty mild, and only from a few conservative, but I agree it made no sense. I mean, taking personal responsibility is one of the core themes of the movie! It should be right up their alley.