Please help!! My Itunes library has been erased from my Ipod!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there,

I would be oh so grateful if someone could help me solve this problem. I recently copied my Itunes library from one computer to another using a memory stick. All was fine at first but this morning when I added some more songs onto my Ipod exclamation points showed next to all my original songs. And after I synced my Ipod all that was left on my Ipod were the songs I'd just added.

I've still got my original tunes on the memory stick and I've tried copying and pasting them back into the library but it only seems to copy and paste a small amount at a time.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out here as I love my songs and I can't bare to be without them. Frickin' Apple!

x

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Are you sure that ALL of your music is on the memory stick? Nothing can be done about your iPod at this point, I'd say start with a brand new music library and import everything from the stick. Then re-sync iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by flyingfranco View Post

Hi there,

I would be oh so grateful if someone could help me solve this problem. I recently copied my Itunes library from one computer to another using a memory stick. All was fine at first but this morning when I added some more songs onto my Ipod exclamation points showed next to all my original songs. And after I synced my Ipod all that was left on my Ipod were the songs I'd just added.

I've still got my original tunes on the memory stick and I've tried copying and pasting them back into the library but it only seems to copy and paste a small amount at a time.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could help me out here as I love my songs and I can't bare to be without them. Frickin' Apple!

x

Have you checked your preferences within iTunes to identify the location of the iTunes music library? My iTunes library (which is large) needs to be kept on an external drive at all times and sometimes when my machine is not connected to that drive, but iTunes is open, the exclamation points will pop up all over the place until I remind iTunes where my actual library should be (where the files are located in the system). Once the correct library location is designated, consolidate the library so that all files are moved to the correct location.

Good luck. Hope this is the issue (if not, we need more info, like system version, library location, etc. . . .).