Ipod Touch - Vista 64bit

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited May 2014
I dearly love my Ipod Touch 16gig - it is excellent as a media player and has all but replaced my Ipaq as a PDA.

I also dearly love my Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit - It is excellent as an operating system and PC working environment.

I am really unhappy that my Shiny new Touch and My ultra fast PC are tootally incompatible........WTF is Apple up to??????

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening - if Apple have a newer version of iTunes up their sleeves that is compatible with the now 1 year old Vista OS????

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by djt2711 View Post

I dearly love my Ipod Touch 16gig - it is excellent as a media player and has all but replaced my Ipaq as a PDA.

I also dearly love my Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit - It is excellent as an operating system and PC working environment.

I am really unhappy that my Shiny new Touch and My ultra fast PC are tootally incompatible........WTF is Apple up to??????

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening - if Apple have a newer version of iTunes up their sleeves that is compatible with the now 1 year old Vista OS????

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo frustrated!

i hate vista.

on another note, mabye you should install itunes on your computer? vista can still run xp programs.

apple isn't up to anything. itunes works fine on xp, i'm not sure about vista cause my parents don't use itunes on their computer ( they have vista i have leopard D: ), but if you havn't even tried installing it, install it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Thanks Rich - very helpful!

iTunes doesn't work and neither does my Ipod touch with Vista 64bit - give my best to your parents!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i hate vista.

on another note, mabye you should install itunes on your computer? vista can still run xp programs.

apple isn't up to anything. itunes works fine on xp, i'm not sure about vista cause my parents don't use itunes on their computer ( they have vista i have leopard D: ), but if you havn't even tried installing it, install it.

• Reply 3 of 9
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Don't question Apple, question Microsoft. They make horrible operating systems that aren't compatible with anything.

Not very many people have 64bit.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I don't really see how this is a Microsoft thing. I haven't had any issues with my 64-bit Vista (6 months - going strong) other than this iPod problem. iTunes works fine (even with my wife's Classic), except for with CD-Burning or the touch/iPhone. The fact that it detects the touch and reports the 64-bit iTunes requirement tells me that this problem is all on Apple's end. By your logic, if an Apple user purchases a Zune and it doesn't work with OS X, it's Apple fault. If my windows programs don't run on OS X, that must be Apple's fault, too \ .

As far as we know, Apple has no release planned for a 64-bit version of iTunes, since it's currently alienating only a small percentage of its users (iPod touch and iPhone users running 64-bit Windows). I received an iPod touch earlier this month, and the best work-around I could find is to install a virtual machine (VMWare works great) and a 32-bit operating system for running iTunes. Although, if you'd like to be ironic you can always dual boot OSX86 and Vista !

Good luck. Hopefully now that Leopard is out Apple will be more inclined to support 64-bit architectures.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I wouldn't be surprised that at MacWorld Expo in January 2008 Apple releases a new version of iTunes (probably Version 8.0), which will include Windows Vista 64-bit support (since the all versions of Vista can be installed in 64-bit mode).
  • Reply 6 of 9
    There is a simple solution for evreyone who has any problem like this. GET A MAC!!!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    all of you are horribly horribly wrong. It isn't the pc it is apple who have shot down 64 bit support. there is a 64 bit itunes for vista. XP 64 has horrible support and you are correct a lot of things have no 64 bit support because it takes more code to make it work. I use bot leopard and vista 64 bit but I also use linux the whole ipod touch thing just happened to me. I also refuse to deal with your guys's retarded-ness.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    So just to clarify Sactoman's post:

iTunes IS compatible with 64-bit Vista (I've downloaded it before). If you go to the Apple website and find the iTunes download page, it gives you to option of 32-bit or 64-bit iTunes.

It seems to me everyone on the internet could benefit from this statement: Just do a little more research.

64-bit iTunes was resolved over a year ago... click the link, it shows the Apple support page (In case you were wondering how I found it, I googled "iTunes 64-bit Vista," and that was the first response)

EDIT: I now see that hamahama pulled up a dead thread... so sorry.
  • Reply 9 of 9