Steve Jobs taking leave from Apple due to complex health issues

Comments

• Reply 21 of 241
    To Hell with the products or the stock! Get well soon Steve. Here is to seeing you this summer fat and healthy!
  • Reply 22 of 241
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by makesense View Post

To anyone medically trained, the excuses over the last several months for his declining health were bogus, and may elicit the biggest lawsuits against Apple it has ever seen. Nevertheless, Steve is a good man, and hopefully he recovers.

Lawsuits that will get thrown out of court. An individual's medical records and status aren't usurped by the needs of stockholders. I think it's absurd for someone to even think they have a right to know about the health of another. Anyone that has operated under the auspices of HIPPA compliance knows that better.
  • Reply 23 of 241
    jdavyjdavy Posts: 66member
    I wish all the best to SJ and his family. Under his watch Apple has changed the way we listen to music, the way we use cell phones, and made the best darn laptops in the business. Thanks for the fantastic products through the years. Hope you beat this illness and provide us with even more toys in the future. James
  • Reply 24 of 241
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    cosign hmurchison.
  • Reply 25 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

The only reason I'm making a selfish comment about a serious health issue is because I wouldn't even know about Apple if it weren't for Steve Jobs. I wouldn't have an imac or an iphone 3G.

Steve Jobs is Apple. Apple will wither on the vine over several months until they're bought out. It's over!

GIve me a break dude. Steve is a vital part of Apple, but he isn't the only one making the products over there. Apple will get by without his direct involvement. Don't cast a gloom over this, you're the kind of idiot that gets people freaked out.

Get well soon Steve. See you this summer.
  • Reply 26 of 241
    Seems absolute denial by the KoolAid gang didn't work.

Onto Plan B.
  • Reply 26 of 241
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I just went numb when I got the CNN breaking news e-mail and read it.

Get well Steve!
  • Reply 28 of 241
    virgil-tb2virgil-tb2 Posts: 1,416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Steve is dead meat. This is the beginning of the end. "More complex than I though" with a six month break essentially means there's a high probability he's dying. Not so good for stock holders but possibly good for customers. We might get more variety in Apple products without Steve's hard line on various issues.

Oh well, cancer sucks.

The name "merdhead" suits you well. A bigger pile of doo-doo I have never heard.
  • Reply 29 of 241
    We all recognize Steve's impact on Apple; past, present and future. He has certainly positioned the company well for continued growth and success. This company is STRONG and any drop in stock price will be welcome to savvy investors, myself included.

That being said, take care of yourself, Steve. You and your family deserve a good rest.
  • Reply 30 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merdhead View Post

Steve is dead meat. This is the beginning of the end. "More complex than I though" with a six month break essentially means there's a high probability he's dying. Not so good for stock holders but possibly good for customers. We might get more variety in Apple products without Steve's hard line on various issues.

Oh well, cancer sucks.

What a f**king insensitive bastard you are. If you don't like Apple products then don't buy them.
  • Reply 31 of 241
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Who cares about APPL? Just get well soon, Mr. Jobs.
  • Reply 32 of 241
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Oh shit \
  • Reply 33 of 241
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member
    It must be pretty bad, especially when you consider that his recent letter said he'd be well by spring, now he's taking a leave of absence until the middle of summer.

Sad day for us Apple fans, all we can hope is that Steve is stronger than cancer.

btw, Steve's cancer has a 5 year survival rate, he's in year 4 and something right now
  • Reply 34 of 241
    All the best Steve for a speedy recovery.

Just something I think some might like to see and hear. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA
  • Reply 35 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Shit there goes my stock

Not really - short it!

Borrow 10,000 shares, sell it, then when it drop the predicted 10-15 dollars, you buy it back at the reduced rate then give the shares back and pocket the difference.

Anyway, not really a good time to talk about this.

GET WELL STEVE!!!
  • Reply 36 of 241
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kaiser777 View Post

What a f**king insensitive bastard you are. If you don't like Apple products then don't buy them.

More like brainless.
  • Reply 37 of 241
    kreshkresh Posts: 379member
    It does make me wonder. If Steve is admitting it now that the reins have change to Tim, was Steve even involved with the iTunes negotiations? I am beginning to think not since it went against his well known adamant stance.
  • Reply 38 of 241
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Frankly, I'm not surprised by the announcement. Hopefully he gets better before the WWDC. It would be nice to see him in six months with a weight gain and muscle bound like the hulk or something.
  • Reply 39 of 241
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

Seems absolute denial by the KoolAid gang didn't work.

Onto Plan B.

LOL.

Some people in this thread are emotionally shattered by the news that Jobs will be dead pretty soon, pushing up daisies.

They lost their Messiah.
  • Reply 40 of 241
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    oh siht