Stuck pixel on iMac

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a new 24" iMac

Last night a noticed one tiny stuck pixel. You cant see it unless you are looking for it, but yet, I still know it's there.

I think I had read somewhere that there is an app you can download that you drag a window over the stuck pixel, and it flashes colors over the pixel trying to "unstick" it.

Is this true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trevowski View Post

I think I had read somewhere that there is an app you can download that you drag a window over the stuck pixel, and it flashes colors over the pixel trying to "unstick" it.

Is this true?

Yeah, there are apps that do that, though I don't know any off hand. You have to leave it doing it for a while. Is it stuck or dead though? If it's a single color, it's stuck, if it's black, it's dead. You can also try changing screen resolution to get pixels going again.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah, there are apps that do that, though I don't know any off hand. You have to leave it doing it for a while. Is it stuck or dead though? If it's a single color, it's stuck, if it's black, it's dead. You can also try changing screen resolution to get pixels going again.

its actually a bright white color and sticks out like a sore thumb on my black background
  • Reply 3 of 4
    just download a pixel fixer, that should do the trick. there is a small chance of it working but its better than nothing. all it does it flash different colors.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    There's a widget - Pixel Fix. Didn't work for me but might be worth a try

Alternatively, a white based desktop image may help you forget it