Internet Connection Wierdness

lzhlzh
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Can anyone assist? I got my LCD iMac (the 7oomhz combo one, I didn't feel the need for the DVD drive since I don't even own a DVD player and haven't even used CD's before!...it blows away my little Rev A iMac which is now being retired) at the weekend. All is well and lovely apart from being a little spooked by OSx and also from the fact that I'm having probs with my internet connection.

I can connnect to the internet if I use the internet connect tool but not if I just launch Outlook or Explorer even tho' . I have checked all of my ISP settings, I've checked out all the things like "ignore dial tone", entered primary and secondary DNS no's.

HELP

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    [quote]

I can connnect to the internet if I use the internet connect tool but not if I just launch Outlook or Explorer even tho' . I have checked all of my ISP settings, I've checked out all the things like "ignore dial tone", entered primary and secondary DNS no's.

HELP [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Can you use any other internet apps, or is it just those that are broken?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    you can connect to the internet OK using the connect/disconnect from the internet connect app,yes??

Well to have it connect automaticaly check the system prefs/network/PPP tab/PPP options- allow to connect automaticaly box to let the mac go online at its own wish . Sometimes though ( on my mac anyway) it tries to connect at startup before a user logs in and slow the startup times.....

Enjoy your new machine
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Yeah, the startup process always hangs at "Starting Firewall" if I select "Connect when opening PPPoE applications." It got too annoying so I just turned it off.