Andy Ihnatko's rumor might be true after all..

Comments

• Reply 141 of 487
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I have no idea what the next major app will be, but I know what I hope it is.

Apple needs to send Quicken into the grave. Dead. Buried. Forgotten.

This is a recession. Everybody and their dog is looking to manage their money.

'Wait until Summer' is not a viable answer.
  • Reply 142 of 487
    hudson1hudson1 Posts: 800member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I know what the object of the title of this thread is. That's not a personal blog. Chill Bill

Are you saying that:

1) Ihnatko told you personally?

2) You THINK you know what Ihnatko is referring to?

3) You ARE Ihnatko?

Secondly, I don't think anyone is actually interested in whether you think you know what Ihnatko claims he knows.
  • Reply 143 of 487
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Are you saying that:

1) Ihnatko told you personally?

2) You THINK you know what Ihnatko is referring to?

3) You ARE Ihnatko?

Secondly, I don't think anyone is actually interested in whether you think you know what Ihnatko claims he knows.

Ok then, fine. I know, that's all you need to.

I'll I care about right now is Paul Masson
  • Reply 144 of 487
    Too much hype on Apple for its AAPL which will drop eventually.

I hope it is not like ENRON.
  • Reply 145 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's software, but still, that's a surprisingly elusive hint. It's so obvious I don't think any one of you would ever guess it. I have said too much. Don't expect any more clarification than that. I will no longer be dropping hints.

Wow! So Ireland actually "knows?" "No one's [even] close?" I thought murk's prediction actually sounded fairly reasonable. "Jaw-dropping" software? Hmm. Now I'm really guessing. It's not that "cloud" stuff. It's not online versions of iWork or what not. It totally makes sense that it could be "so obvious" that none of us would guess it. I'm clueless. I thought I was dead-on with the tablet guess. What about the rumored, really big iPod touch thingy? That's kinda tablet-ey, isn't it?
  • Reply 146 of 487
    I'd say something like this integrated in Snow Leopard. Or at least something that lots(?) of people have talked about and maybe demo-ed but no big company ever tried in a consumer product.

Though, Apple likes to sell itself as a hardware company, so it might as well be hw.

Also: @Ireland: How are we to know that you're not just creating buzz? You say you know, and when it's there you'll say: " I knew it". I'd want to see you prove somehow you actually know

Edit: see macrumors for the patent.
  • Reply 147 of 487
    I'm not saying a tablet isn't coming either guys, I want one of those badly. It's just not what I have found out. And I'm not deliberately creating buzz either. Make of it what you will. It's not Bumptop, ala 3D.
  • Reply 148 of 487
    It's a universal version of Snow Leopard to compete directly with windows.

Even Dell will have it as an option.
  • Reply 149 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Liquid101 View Post

It's a universal version of Snow Leopard to compete directly with windows.

Nah, Apple likes selecting the hardware OS X runs on. They would have to support a lot more hardware out of the box, or people will have to install custom drivers probably messing up OS X ease of use. That's just not Apple. What they could do is allow more of their software to run on Windows (as they did with Safari), though thats not a "WOW' kind of thing to the Apple community.

Apple is a hardware company, anything "WOW" will be hardware, perhaps accompanied by a sleek set of software.
  • Reply 150 of 487
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bommaah View Post

Apple is a hardware company, anything "WOW" will be hardware, perhaps accompanied by a sleek set of software.

You mean Apple gets its profits from hardware. It's OS X that keeps many of us on the platform not the hardware.
  • Reply 151 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

You mean Apple gets its profits from hardware. It's OS X that keeps many of us on the platform not the hardware.

Very true, but OS X comes with the Macs. Say, hypothetically, they would surprise us with a tablet, then it would come with a special multi-touch cocoa etc. OS X version. If they launch something new and unseen, it will at least partly be hw, not just software.
  • Reply 152 of 487
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bommaah View Post

Very true, but OS X comes with the Macs. Say, hypothetically, they would surprise us with a tablet, then it would come with a special multi-touch cocoa etc. OS X version. If they launch something new and unseen, it will at least partly be hw, not just software.

Yes I think Apple is going to actually start to differentiate themselves with unique hardware. The PA Semi acquisition came out of left field and was misunderstood by most but now it's more evident that Apple wishes to be a larger player in mobile devices than just the iPhone/iPod suggests.

OS X has more aspirations than just a desktop/notebook OS. I think what we're seeing from Apple right now will be viewed as plain vanilla compared to what products they'll have in 2-3 years.
  • Reply 153 of 487
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    murk reporting in. I have just landed in Dublin. I plan to track him down and get the info even if I have to slap him around a little bit. Welcome to Gitmo, Mr. Ireland.
  • Reply 154 of 487
    phongphong Posts: 219member
    How can anything else matter, if they can't make a decent headless Mac?
  • Reply 155 of 487
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by murk View Post

murk reporting in. I have just landed in Dublin. I plan to track him down and get the info even if I have to slap him around a little bit. Welcome to Gitmo, Mr. Ireland.

If there's one thing (besides drinking) the Irish are good at, it may appear you have just made a mistake
  • Reply 156 of 487
    The big thing is software, Ok.
  • Reply 157 of 487
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

This was true 7273 posts ago. @t=time(), SNR~0.

OUCH! That was harsh, man.

Oh, and I've figured it out. They're going to release a new Mac mini, larger capacity iPod Touch, and iWork for the iPhone.

w0000t
  • Reply 158 of 487
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Oh! Or API/ hardware specifications for real video out from the iPhone. Or the same thing for external keyboards?

This is probably the one thing that would get me most excited. Coupled with VNC/terminal software, that would make an iPod Touch an excellent Netbook to pair with a Mac mini at home....
  • Reply 159 of 487
    Apple will release the pro apps on windows, along with ilife, and iwork. They are getting deeper into corporate with a vmView like desktop virtualzation software. Then 3D displays replace the current displays haha.. Cats and Dogs living together... Snow Leopard will be a free release for 10.5 owners.. They release iSteve and ioBama..

Home cloning software, make your own human in a box. They make a 4k display, 12 core Mac pros. Blu ray comes to mac, home media library software for dvd, etc.
  • Reply 160 of 487
    expatexpat Posts: 110member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elderloc View Post

Apple will release the pro apps on windows, along with ilife, and iwork.

I doubt that they would port the pro apps, since this is a longtime mac audience, and I can't see something like final cut on windows, it would be sacrilege.

That being said, offering iLife and iWork to windows users in a huge "F- you" to microsoft office would be fun. I don't think it would be a great move by apple, and I don't see why they'd do it, but I would like to see Balmer's head explode.