(Prosumer Video) JVC gets in bed with Apple

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 460FILMS View Post

Don't get me wrong--it's a neat product; it's just that there's a new product category developing in the prosumer video market, and the JVC seems a bit pricey for a 1/4" camera. Both Nikon and Canon have apparently begun to adopt the RED paradigm of what is essentially, a motion-picture capable DSLR with a single, large, DX- or 35mm-sized sensor. Others are sure to follow.

I welcome this actually. I have less faith in Canon however because they have their higher end cameras to protect but Nikon has free rain.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I welcome this actually. I have less faith in Canon however because they have their higher end cameras to protect but Nikon has free rain.

Exactly. Nikon is the one to watch here. Of the Red, Panasonic, JVC, and Sony brands, Canon seems to be the most conservative with their video offerings. That's why their recent 30p video capability on the 5DMKII was so welcome—and unusual. However, they didn't go whole hog with 24p, as they knew that doing so would cannibalize part of their video sales.

A new day is ahead, and as far as I'm concerned it can't come soon enough.