iLife 09 in new Macbooks

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased a macbook in the recent days, and I wanted to know if iLife 09 is included? I want to wait off on purchasing because I think iLife 09 is not in the new macbooks, although It'd be great if they started shipping updated macbooks.

Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajaybha2gava View Post

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased a macbook in the recent days, and I wanted to know if iLife 09 is included? I want to wait off on purchasing because I think iLife 09 is not in the new macbooks, although It'd be great if they started shipping updated macbooks.

Cheers

Use your phone and contact Apple.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajaybha2gava View Post

Hi,

Cheers

Hi there, ignore the negative posters on AppleInsider. Just see http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

If you buy a MacBook now, brand new, and iLife 09 is not there, you need to submit the documentation to get your update.

"If you’ve purchased a qualifying computer on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife ’09, you can upgrade to iLife ’09 for US$9.95 plus tax.*"

It applies similarly to many countries outside the US with their own more or less similar conditions.

Whether an actual shipping MacBook may have iLife 09 already is dependent on whether you get it from an official Apple store, online Apple store or Apple reseller. You'll have to research more to be exactly sure.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    thanks so much nvidia2008!

So I called up their education store, and I found out that Apple feels that March 28th will be a safe enough time for them to change their production lines to include iLife 09 on all new macs. Whether this means that there will be changes in the notebooks on March 28th is purely speculation, but If that's the case then I will wait till that time and focus on making sure my Powerbook G4' doesn't fail on me.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    A quick call to apple has confirmed when exactly Apple is shipping macs with iLife 09.

January 30th will be that day.