Latest Jaguar boasts refined Aqua

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong>One of the cool things about Jaguar is when an app crashes (spinning blob similar to the disk burning icon in iTunes), the dock updates that app's icon with a small error symbol. Jaguar is full of the little things that makes using Macs a pleasure. Oh, it feels as fast as 10.1 on a Ti 667 (not the new ones, the previous high end) on an old school blue 300MHz iBook with 384 megs of RAM. Just thought I'd share.</strong><hr></blockquote>

*salivates uncontrollably*
  • Reply 42 of 44
    The Font Smoothing Style option in Jag 6C73+ is great. Using my Mac with a CRT, OS X looked great but on the SGI flatpanel at home, the AA was just too blurry and no amount of messing with the contrast/brightness made any difference.

Now all you have to do is just change the font-smoothing style and voilÃ* - fabulous looking screen display.

I've tried running the M$ font-smoothing option in XP on a portable and it's rubbish. Way too blurry - makes you want to reach for your eye-glasses; not to mention the eye strain.

6C75 is a vast improvement, even on the first release of Jaguar.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Hey Ant,

Don't think I have forgotten about e-mailing you that stuff. Work's been a bit crazy!

Expect an e-mail when I get home around 9ish.

Jamie
  • Reply 44 of 44
    ihxoihxo Posts: 567member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong>

Exactly. You might recall that one of the selling points in MacOS X originally was the ability to have single window mode (an idea I loved, by the way) and that never made it past third developer's preview.</strong><hr></blockquote>

one word ASM ...

get it it's a must have for any OS X system