Possible Jaguar interface tweak?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
If you look at the screenshot of Jaguar below, you'll notice the Computer icon in the Finder toolbar is no longer the standard iMac, but the new iMac. Has Apple finally implemented a feature that reads the computers serial # and changes the icon for the Computer to reflect whichever system OS X is installed on? It's useless eye candy, I know. But still, the possibility is kinda neat.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    Maybe, but I'll bet they just changed it to the new iMac to keep up with the times.

On another note, what are those 4 tiny folders to the left of the crossed-out pencil icon, and why are they so ugly?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I think the folders show that the window is set to align things to a grid automatically. It's probably from Mac OS 8 or something.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    imhoimho Posts: 30member
    The four little squares are the "Arranged By..." indicator. If they were snap to grid, it looks like a grid,...etc. The crossed out pencil, of course, indicates read only.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Thats the Think Secret screen shot, right?

If it is, then the computer icon does not match the test machine. Their other shot shows 'About This Mac' and indicates a dual 500.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    why the hell did you blur the names of your REASON CD's?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote] Has Apple finally implemented a feature that reads the computers serial # and changes the icon for the Computer to reflect whichever system OS X is installed on?<hr></blockquote>

that would be a cool feature. it would make it more personal.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    [quote]Originally posted by r-0X#Zapchud:

<strong>why the hell did you blur the names of your REASON CD's? </strong><hr></blockquote>

I didn't. ThinkSecret did. Which leads me to assume that they pirated Reason or something. heh
  • Reply 8 of 12
    tooltool Posts: 242member
    No, it does not put the mac that it's loaded on in the finder toolbar. They just changed it to the new imac.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by TOOL:

<strong>No, it does not put the mac that it's loaded on in the finder toolbar. They just changed it to the new imac.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Unless of course, they are using a Dual 500Mhz iMac G4:

J :cool:
  • Reply 10 of 12
    tooltool Posts: 242member
    Well, I can tell you first hand that it doesn't
  • Reply 11 of 12
    hotboxdhotboxd Posts: 125member
    edit- nevermind

[ 07-04-2002: Message edited by: hotboxd ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 12
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Remember how all the iMacs used to ship with a desktop b/ground of the right colour?

Apple can do this, but I guess it's low priority ...