No Logic Exp Preinstalled

No Filemaker Preinstalled

No Microsoft Office Preinstall

KYBD/User's Guide -T

Country Kit-ITA

Ships: 16 Feb, 2009

Delivers: 24 Feb, 2009
  • Reply 23 of 54
    mine ships Feb 5., Arrives Feb. 10. Can't Wait.
  • Reply 24 of 54
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dewindj View Post

Apple not shipping its productions on time?! Incomprehensible!

People pre-odering and then whining?! Totally comprehensable!!!!
  • Reply 25 of 54
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacOldTimer View Post

My original quote was?

Ironic this comes the day after earnings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the many reasons that the SEC is investigating Apple.

What exactly am I kidding myself about. Apple mislead the consumer and the product wasn't ready to be shipped.

You're kidding yourself because the SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION does not care about product delays, customer happiness or any of that junk. You're making stuff up and you know it.
  • Reply 26 of 54
    Quote:

This is one of the many reasons that the SEC is invetigating Apple.

"One of the many reasons" the SEC is investigating? I don't think so. Do you have any evidence to back up this assertion, or is it just speculation based on your negative emotions?

My take on this slip is that it's a bit like a Golden Glove in baseball making an error. It happens once or twice a year but all educated observes understand how rare it is, especially when compared to the competition.
  • Reply 27 of 54
    @MacOldTimer

"Ironic this comes the day after earnings. This is one of the many reasons that the SEC is invetigating Apple."

What a crock of horsecrap, and you know it. There's no contract here, implied or expressed, concerning the actual shipping date of any product. Your posting-name should be "WinTrollTimer," for your opinions are clear in their intent and bias. Go back to your Gateway, and darken these portals no more.

Quoting Bugs, "What a maroon."
  • Reply 28 of 54
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

This is one of the many reasons that the SEC is invetigating Apple.

You are just one big Apple Hate Machine - every post you make is like this. If you hate Apple so much, why do you bother to hang out here?
  • Reply 29 of 54
    I called Apple and was told that my order may either ship before February 9 or after. It seems that iLife'09 may be the hold up, since it is supposed to be pre-installed on the 17 MBP. The Apple Customer Service rep was kind enough to remove my shipping charge and place my shipment into expedited category (2-3 days).
  • Reply 30 of 54
    Here is my details as of this morning. The ship date has never changed. I hope that i did not jinx myself. \

Ordered Jan 8th, 2009

Custom configuration

2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X2GB

320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm

SuperDrive 8X

DISPLAY-HI RES, GL,Widescreen

Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter

N0 VGA Adapter

No Remote

No IWork Preinstalled

No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled

No Aperture Preinstalled

KYBD/User's Guide

Country Kit

Ships: Feb 6 \t\t\t\t\t\t

Delivers: Feb 11
  • Reply 31 of 54
    Ship date is listed as 7-10 days now at the US Apple Store, with "standard" configuration and with "build to order" options.

That's on the online store though. What the actual ship dates are best trended by the posts of fellow AppleInsider forum posters.

It doesn't seem so much that there is a "line" per say to get a newly ordered unit. It's more that once the production line gets going, these things are just going to ship like crazy to everyone, regardless of order date. Still, the earlier you ordered, the more likely you get it early. Well, that's the standard assumption anyway.

All that matters to each person with a pre-order is that they have this baby in there hands.

Please post if you pre-ordered to let us know the actual shipping time frames.

Cheers.
  • Reply 32 of 54
    FWIW, the Apple web site page for the 17 inch MBP has been updating with shortened shipping intervals over the past couple of weeks. Over night, the interval shortened from 2-3 weeks to 7-10 business days:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ly/macbook_pro

This would suggest that at least some configurations are moving forward.

I just tried playing around with some of the options on the ordering page and note that if I select the anti-glare display, the shipping time changes from the 7-10 days to 2-3 weeks.

No other options, including selecting iWork '09, resulted in a delay in shipping.

So this would suggest that those who ordered the anti-glare option for the display are the ones most likely to experience delays in shipping.

HTH.
  • Reply 33 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mschwartz View Post

. . . No other options, including selecting iWork '09, resulted in a delay in shipping. . . .

HTH.

I wonder if they are waiting on iLife '09 to ship these bad boys?
  • Reply 34 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SimpleLife View Post

I wonder if they are waiting on iLife '09 to ship these bad boys?

It seems that iLife '09 has started shipping so should be interesting to see how the shipping dates are affected.
  • Reply 35 of 54
    hbghbg Posts: 8member
    The real for the delay in shipments is this: Apple is experiencing tremendous problems with users of the new 15" MacBook Pro with external 30" displays using the new Mini-Display Port to DVI adapter. There is tremendous distortion and all sorts of problems plaguing users. The new 17" has the same mini-display port. Apple has not fixed the problem and I would bet money that's the reason for the delay- they want a fix before they release the 17" inch.
  • Reply 36 of 54
    Looking at the Apple Store this evening, ship times say: "Ships: 7-10 business days"
  • Reply 37 of 54
    Here is mine. I ordered by phone and they said I was one of the first and I would most likely receive it before the estimated date

Order Date: Jan 6, 2009 at 02:06 PM PST

Custom configuration| Show Hide

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2X2GB

320GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm

SuperDrive 8X

DISPLAY-HI RES, Widescreen

No DVI Adapter

N0 VGA Adapter

No Remote

IWORK '09 PREINSTALLED

No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled

No Aperture Preinstalled

KYBD/User's Guide

Country Kit

Recycling Fee

Ships: Feb 19

Delivers: Feb 24
  • Reply 38 of 54
    No changes in delivery times on the Apple web site over the past week. Still shows 7-10 business days, with the interval still increasing to 2-3 weeks if one selects the anti-glare option.

It would seem reasonable to presume that the recent withdrawal of the nVidia driver update may be delaying the deliveries, but just wondering if anyone has any updates on their quoted shipment/delivery dates. Are they staying stable or seeing further delays?

BTW, I have queried our local Apple stores over the past several days, getting different folks, and they have no clue on when they may have units in the store, or whether or not they may have anything other than the base config in the store. At least that is what they are saying publicly...

Thanks.
  • Reply 39 of 54
    No change in my ship date. Still shows a ship date of February 5. Time will tell...
  • Reply 40 of 54
    8 hours of battery life.. I might get one but I don't know.. I already have Macbook pro 15 inch currently. We'll see