What the hell is up with my iPhone?!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
On three occassions now when typing a forum reply the backspace key on my iPhone has got stuck down, and it just keeps on deleting everything I have typed until a) there is no more to delete or b) I press another key to stop it. What the hell is up with this, and how do I fix it?

I have also been receiving BUCKET loads of 'connection to server not responding' and 'connection to server was lost' messages in Safari. This evening I had to press a 'reply' button 5 times before it eventually decided to load the page. I was so so close to smashing the damn thing off the ground at this point it was driving me round the bend!

I've had the phone for less than a month, and it was last reset about 2 weeks ago.

Can anyone help me out? What the fudging hell is wrong with this thing?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Has anyone got any ideas?
  • Reply 2 of 14
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Is Safari the only app that you are having a problem with or are there others? I have only see this type of keyboard lag with Safari. And it usually has something to do with a banner ad or similar playing on the web page.

Do you have this problem with all web sites?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    back up all of your contacts and data, and try a Restore. I had a similar problem with mine, and a restore fixed it.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Is Safari the only app that you are having a problem with or are there others? I have only see this type of keyboard lag with Safari. And it usually has something to do with a banner ad or similar playing on the web page.

Do you have this problem with all web sites?

It's hard to tell as the deleting problem has only happened 3 times, twice on these forums, and once on another forum.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trevowski View Post

back up all of your contacts and data, and try a Restore. I had a similar problem with mine, and a restore fixed it.

That's exactly what I wanted to avoid since I have restored this damn iPhone about 6 times in less than a month. Can it really not go more than 2 weeks without screwing up?!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

It's hard to tell as the deleting problem has only happened 3 times, twice on these forums, and once on another forum.

So just to confirm, you don't experience the keyboard lag with any other app? (i.e. Notes, Calendar, SMS, etc.) If that is true, then the problem may come from the banner ads and animated gifs that are on some sites. Sounds like the keyboard and something else is fighting for processor power.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrochester View Post

Has anyone got any ideas?

Get a Nokia!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

So just to confirm, you don't experience the keyboard lag with any other app? (i.e. Notes, Calendar, SMS, etc.) If that is true, then the problem may come from the banner ads and animated gifs that are on some sites. Sounds like the keyboard and something else is fighting for processor power.

The problem isn't keyboard lag, I know that happens. The problem is the backspace key being stuck down and it deleting everything I've typed unless I press another key to stop it. I only use the phone for web access and some apps so I can't say whether it happens when texting, emailing etc
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Well that is strange then. It's like the screen doesn't sense that you have lifted your finger off the backspace key. Are there any other keys that repeat after you've let go? Does this happen in both landscape and portrait mode?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Well that is strange then. It's like the screen doesn't sense that you have lifted your finger off the backspace key. Are there any other keys that repeat after you've let go? Does this happen in both landscape and portrait mode?

I've had no other keys repeat. I only ever type in landscape in the browser so I can't say whether it does it in portrait or not.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Have you tried a reset yet?
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Have you tried a reset yet?

Phone was reset less than 2 weeks ago, and a total of 6 times in less than a month.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Try not hitting the backspace key when the shift key is highlighted.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Thanks for that!