13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by italiankid View Post

Another lawsuit coming....

My white iPhone is discoloring!

The white is turning dark now only after 3 mths!

I can't wait for Apple to respond to this.... Hopefully someone sues them before me.

Apple had the same problems with the white Macbooks and did nothing about it. Why did they release a white iPhone after that whole ordeal?

I never knew about the white discoloring until I googled it and found out about the Macbooks too.

Get a magic eraser ($2.00), returns it to the original white, it did for mine. It was the oil and dirt from my hands and lap.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    I started converting over to Apple products in November of 2007 and have been extremely pleased. To date, I now have unibody MacBook Pro, 3G iPhone, iPod Classic, and MobileMe and have my eyes on AppleTV and Time Capsule as well.

Acquired the 3G iPhone the week they were released and it has functioned extremely well. I have owned a couple of Razrs and Blackberries in the past that had several problems. Examples include Razrs that couldn't keep their SIM cards positioned properly and Blackberries that needed to be restarted several times a week in order to reset so they could again receive calls, email and text.

Both had many cosmetic changes over time, such as color wearing off the cases and keys with numbers that wore off, but that is to be expected with usage and being carried everywhere I go. I refuse to fault any cell phone maker for cosmetic changes over time on such heavily used devices. My iPhone is looking far better than the others did over similar time periods. My Razrs and Blackberries have long been sent to the recyclers and the iPhone is going strong and looking great! Thank you, Apple!!!
  • Reply 43 of 50
    HOLY SHIT! is Apple not the most sued company in the US?
  • Reply 44 of 50
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

I can't wait for Apple to respond to this.... Hopefully someone sues them before me.

Apple had the same problems with the white Macbooks and did nothing about it. Why did they release a white iPhone after that whole ordeal?

I never knew about the white discoloring until I googled it and found out about the Macbooks too.

If you are familiar with a bathroom and WASH your hands, your white products won't get dark after using them. Pull your head out of your ass. Some white MacBooks did suffer from discoloration and Apple replaced the case plastics.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac31 View Post

I've had the white iPhone since day 1 and have none of these "hairline cracks." Mine still looks great.

Exactly! The "hairline cracks" are simply the cracks in their ASS!
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I just can't understand why Apple continues to use the damn plastic. It scratches, it cracks, it discolors and it's ugly.

The only think made of plastic that hasn't cracked is the 3rd gen iMac.

Because a few dipshits wanted GPS in the phone so they had to use a plastic backing for better reception. They also complained about the price, and plastic is cheaper. So the customer got what they wanted.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    I've noticed that the BB Storm in the VZ commercials responds instantly to user input but there is no disclaimer saying that the behavior is altered. Does that not mislead the consumer to expect a Storm to bounce from one app to the next as if you were turning a light on and off?
  • Reply 48 of 50
    I think by law, you are required to make a sufficient effort to protect the casing on your own. I dropped my G1 and now there are some scratches and minor dents, does that mean I can sue HTC, unfortunately the way Apple Lawsuits have been going, quite possibly. But the reality is, It was Negligence and therefore I shouldn't be allowed to sue, INSURANCE will do the same thing, wont cover you due to Negligence.

Sigh, Some people are ridiculous. The iPhone is fully capable of the speeds it claims, but when everyone and their mother owns a jEsus Phone 3G, the network gets saturated. JUST like Cable in an Apartment complex, noone is suing.... oh maybe i should... noone is suing cable providers because Johnny McAsshole down stairs is using up all the bandwidth and is slowing down my connection too. Quit your Bitchin
  • Reply 49 of 50
    bbbbbbbb Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Welcome to the real world where everything ages and death is certain.

That includes you, your dog, your car....and yes, your iphone.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    I was in the apple store yesterday getting my wife a new white iphone, the sales person noticed my iphone had a hairline crack, we made an appointment with the genious bar, and it was replaced within minutes. Now we'll see if my refreshed black 16gb iphone holds up better then my last one. It is nice to see that apple is standing behind it thought.