TouchBase database help

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have an extremely old Touchbase (AfterHours) application program (runs on Classic). With the purchase of a new IMac, I realized it doesn't read the old Classic system. This database has over 2500 contacts for our small office. Is there anyway to put this on a new IMac or any software out there that could convert the old program into a new database. I don't relish the idea of retyping 2500 pieces of information. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Ouch. Do you still have your old Mac? If so open up Touchbase and see what kind of export options you have. Pick one that you replacement contact manager supports. With 2500 contacts being shared across multiple users you need a contact manager. If it wasn't so dated I would recommend Now-Up-To-Date from Power On. Maybe some here will have a better solution.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    If you don't have access to older hardware you could go the Chubby-Bunny route (MacOS 9 inside an emulator, packaged for easy use). I don't propose this as a long-term solution, only as a intermediate one while you figure out where and how you are going to migrate. You can find this on the torrent sites.

You should try and get the data out, and into something currently supported.