Candy iMac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
They need to go back to making macs in bright beautiful colors. when i was a kid *14 or so* and they came out with the original iMac in blue, then shortly thereafter several other colors, there was no other computer i wanted more than a mac. Apple is far more popular today because of systems like the original iMac. and i think its about time they pay homage to their modern roots and put out a generation of computers that not only look clean and well made, but also fun and inviting in any atmosphere.

we need the same colors on the iPod nano available on the new iMac. agreed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmilinGoat View Post

?agreed?

Uh, no?

Apple did the color thing, everyone jumped on the bandwagon, Apple moved on to a new thing?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

Uh, no?

Apple did the color thing, everyone jumped on the bandwagon, Apple moved on to a new thing?

without everyone else. every time they release a new color for the iPod for instance it sells like crazy, people want color.

while it may not be as "corporate" or "minimalist" it does get a wider variety of people.

ive been looking at iMacs for about 2 years now (well, that and the first ones) and i have yet to buy one because they come in such boring colors/styles.

now it is to the point where i am 100% going to get one when the new one launches this year, its still a wish of mine that they at least add one or 2 colors to the line up. it sells enough to do so. i would rather have a nice bright green computer on my desk then a boring silver one (home desk or in my cube) people like to show a little of their taste and personality, enough with the boring silver (or white or black with ibooks)

give us some color already (this goes for PC brands as well)
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

without everyone else. every time they release a new color for the iPod for instance it sells like crazy, people want color.

I recall there being 57 different colour schemes and special editions of the original zune, and it ended up feeling like a huge marketing scam. It also did not save the product. In the end, the multiple colours did prove to be exceptionally entertaining for me on the zunescene forums since Zune users kept "begging" for firmware updates, and a clock, but all they got were more colours.

(Why does anyone need a Gears of War 2 zune?)

Quote:

while it may not be as "corporate" or "minimalist" it does get a wider variety of people.

ive been looking at iMacs for about 2 years now (well, that and the first ones) and i have yet to buy one because they come in such boring colors/styles.

now it is to the point where i am 100% going to get one when the new one launches this year, its still a wish of mine that they at least add one or 2 colors to the line up. it sells enough to do so. i would rather have a nice bright green computer on my desk then a boring silver one (home desk or in my cube) people like to show a little of their taste and personality, enough with the boring silver (or white or black with ibooks)

give us some color already (this goes for PC brands as well)

I believe that the current imacs have a more lasting ascetic appeal than the early colourful versions. The colourful imacs looked fine when they were released, but I am not a big fan now. Plus, why do you need a products to express your personality? Shouldn't your personality have itself covered?

(I just couldn't resist)
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

I recall there being 57 different colour schemes and special editions of the original zune, and it ended up feeling like a huge marketing scam. It also did not save the product. In the end, the multiple colours did prove to be exceptionally entertaining for me on the zunescene forums since Zune users kept "begging" for firmware updates, and a clock, but all they got were more colours.

(Why does anyone need a Gears of War 2 zune?)

I believe that the current imacs have a more lasting ascetic appeal than the early colourful versions. The colourful imacs looked fine when they were released, but I am not a big fan now.

(I just couldn't resist)

While i actulally thing the Zune is a better product than the iPod *classic* i do agree that the zunes problems can not be solved with "better colors" (im shocked to hear there was 57 of them)

anyway i think if they original iMac was just in white or silver than it would be no better (if not less cool) than the original color ones)

i agree that the new iMacs look better, but the lasting appeal is something you can only gauge in the future. i think the 2nd gen nano's for instance look much better than the 3rd. mostly due to the color choices, they were bright and colorful, now when the 3rd gen was released i thought that it was a good step forward in design, later i found that i liked the original first.

i think the macs could benefit from being a little more fun in todays market.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

While i actulally thing the Zune is a better product than the iPod *classic*.

hey, this statement takes away all your credibility
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I keep thinking apple should release a series of aluminum unibody netbooks in all nano colors.

air-styled rounded corners, 10 inch screen, decent price and specs and they will sell like hotcakes.

They could call it the cutebook for some extra high-school/college girl loveability.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krassy View Post

lol, well, just the classic, i'd pick the iPod Touch over the Zune any day of the week (as soon as it can hold my 50GB video library.

the FM tuner/Subscription/larger screen (even if its the same pixels) is what really does it for me.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    how about you just buy it off colorware?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krassy View Post

As does taking the '57 varieties' comment literally!