Will any of it be in color?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, Apple is at it again.... about to release some fantastic new product(s). I just hope it's not plain jane, snow white.

Apple was smoking the market at one point, everything was in color. A whole line of iMac and iBook computers. I ran out and, bought a tangerine i-Book not because it was a great computer but, because it was so different than, the other gray boxes. I wanted on in lime too! This was a company on the move, wow color, I went out and, bought stock in Apple too.

Then Apple does an aboutface, they again start making these dull snow white boxes, black boxes, dull smoke and clear boxes. Even there logo lost color!

Today, you can't really tell a new i-book from some other computers unless you see the logo.

Yes, I believe Apple stands out in performance but, the products of late no longer stand out in a crowd. "Eyecatching" they are not.

I remember the first night I had the new Tangerine i-Book. I went out to a local coffee shop (college crowd) was having a latta and, playing "Bugdom".

There were people standing behind me saying "Wow is that the new Apple? I've never seen one of those, wow, I want one!" I haven't heard that kind of reaction from strangers for, any of the latest Apple products.

I know the a colored box is only eyecandy but, the fact is; Apple sold a lot of eyecandy.

So, I can only hope that Apple new product line will return to color or, I will have to get out my can of krylon! Joe

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: TangerineJoe ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    If I were you , I wouldn't plan on any colors other than metal and white.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I think color is so twentieth century!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Colors on Macs are dead.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Colors on Macs are dead.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The truth has come out finally!

iMac 2002:

• Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>

iMac 2002:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

SWEET!

where can i get one??
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>

iMac 2002:

</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's better looking than any iMac yet!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    Does the iBook come in multi colors? TiBook? iPod? PowerMac?

I'm sure the iMac will continue with Apples latest look of white, gray, clear plastics, with possible Titanium elements.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    the mac is all about sleekness now... awww yeah.

Fun.

NeilyB
  • Reply 9 of 10
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]Yes, I believe Apple stands out in performance but, the products of late no longer stand out in a crowd<hr></blockquote>

You are so backwards.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    beige...it's the other white meat