Selling "non-Podcast" TV Content on iTunes Store

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi All,

I'm producing an independently-produced hour-long sports tv show that has its original run on a nationally well-known sports network.

I'd also like to be able to offer it for sale on the iTunes Store -- but I've just spent the last couple of hours on apple.com unsuccessfully looking for info on how to do this (or at least a way to submit a request).

I've been able to find the way to submit music (for sale), and free podcast content, but nothing about for sale TV content. It seems like Apple isn't offering a way for "independents" to sell their shows.

Can anyone confirm this, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Until you are a major, selling your content via iTunes is likely a no go. I'd assume it's fairly costly. How about you post it on YouTube and take ad revenue?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Until you are a major, selling your content via iTunes is likely a no go. I'd assume it's fairly costly. How about you post it on YouTube and take ad revenue?

Yeah, that's an option, but it doesn't really have the cache of being in the iTunes Store.

And why would it be "fairly costly" -- as opposed to a free podcast of the same length? Why is it so easy to post a free podcast, but so difficult/impossible to post for-sale programming?

Anyhow, thanks for the help!