New iMac, Mac minis expected as early as Tuesday

Comments

• Reply 21 of 137
    I will be very disappointed if there isn't a quad core model!!!
  • Reply 22 of 137
    foo2foo2 Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr.X. View Post

iMac's

MB417LL/A - iMac 20" 2.66/2GB/320GB/SD/MSE/KB-USA

I am not sure what that MSE means? This will be interesting. Possibly new Mighty Mouse?

How about just MOUSE, as in the same Mighty Mouse as before?
  • Reply 23 of 137
    I just ordered a refurbed Mac Mini too on Saturday. I'm going to be pretty pissed if the new Mini is 399$-499$(499$ being what I just paid)

Looks like its not shipping till tomorrow, wonder if I should cancel it before it ships, or if I could just return the unopened Fed-Ex box to the Apple store
  • Reply 24 of 137
    smilingoatsmilingoat Posts: 153member
    cancel it now. ive been waiting for 2 months for an iMac, knowing that it will be worth the wait...
  • Reply 25 of 137
    mr.x.mr.x. Posts: 14member
    Already an update:

Found more codes.

MB976 - STANDALONE KIT - 1x1GB (K88) - GEN <---Referring to Mac Mini

MB980 - STANDALONE KIT - 1x1GB ECC-GEN

MB981 - STANDALONE KIT - 1x2GB ECC-GEN

MB982 - STANDALONE KIT - 1x2GB ECC-GEN

MB983 - STANDALONE KIT - 640GB

MB984 - STANDALONE KIT - 1TB

MB988 - STANDALONE KIT - M35E WIRELESS <---Could this be the Mouse?

MB999 - STANDALONE KIT - RV770
  • Reply 26 of 137
    poxonyoupoxonyou Posts: 15member
    Same source as the fake new mini pictures? Hahaha

Let's say it's true..if Apple thinks they're going to sell Core 2 Duo's for 8 months as their primary desktop computer for $1600+ in this economy when PC manufacturers are offering quad cores and i7's for less, they're really out of their mind. The mini update is just as ridiculous. 1GB of RAM, same as their 2 year old mini? WTF? This all sounds fake, and let's hope it is.
  • Reply 27 of 137
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zandros View Post

Mini-DP, DDR3, support for 8GB memory and a faster system bus works for me too.

As well as an effective price drop. (I hope, the exchange rates may kill me.)

They better not drop any firewire ports though?

I hate to be a pessimist but mini DP means an Apple monitor or an adaptor. Not the end of the world but not a tremendous advantage either.

From what I've read at Anand, DDR3 is no better than DDR2. In fact they are excited about the Nehalem chips to come which will be on systems that use DDR2 for precisely this reason.

Honestly i don't think AI have got this right. There really isn't much if any change to entice buyers at least those looking at an iMac.
  • Reply 28 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andrea818 View Post

I just ordered a refurbed Mac Mini too on Saturday. I'm going to be pretty pissed if the new Mini is 399$-499$(499$ being what I just paid)

Looks like its not shipping till tomorrow, wonder if I should cancel it before it ships, or if I could just return the unopened Fed-Ex box to the Apple store

Cancel it and wait. I highly doubt these specs are real though. They've waited this long to release this out of date crap?
  • Reply 29 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poxonyou View Post

Same source as the fake new mini pictures? Hahaha

Let's say it's true..if Apple thinks they're going to sell Core 2 Duo's for 8 months as their primary desktop computer for $1600+ in this economy when PC manufacturers are offering quad cores and i7's for less, they're really out of their mind. The mini update is just as ridiculous. 1GB of RAM, same as their 2 year old mini? WTF? This all sounds fake, and let's hope it is.

Lets hope this announcement is wrong, fake or incorrect. I was expecting much more in a new iMAC announcement. Price points are way to high.
  • Reply 30 of 137
    mr.x.mr.x. Posts: 14member
    Even More Codes:

Sorry guys. Looks like another Machine too! iMac, Mac Mini and What Else?

MB763LL/A - K10 - USA

MB764LL/A - K30 - GOOD-USA

MB765LL/A - K30 - BETTER-USA
  • Reply 31 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wobegon View Post

How so?

This is the 2nd thing they've repeated from this mysterious Dutch site. The other being the supposed new Mac mini.
  • Reply 32 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewoliv View Post

Lets hope this announcement is wrong, fake or incorrect. I was expecting much more in a new iMAC announcement. Price points are way to high.

I was going to buy an iMac, or mid-range tower (if they surprisingly offered one finally), but if they aren't offering quad cores of any kind or a major price drop to compensate for that, I'm not giving them a penny. It only rewards them for releasing outdated hardware. Of course they're happy making larger and larger profits if people keep eating up their products. The only way they'd listen is if their sales dramatically dropped. That's assuming this story is true, but again, I doubt it.
  • Reply 33 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nondual View Post

Do the Minis still have integrated graphics, or do they have a separate graphics card ala the G4 Minis?

The current one do still have integrated GMA950...

If you meant the "new" yet-to-be-released ones, nobody knows yet. The best guess is for NVIDIA integrated 9400M graphics... like in the Macbooks.
  • Reply 34 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by poxonyou View Post

I was going to buy an iMac, or mid-range tower (if they surprisingly offered one finally), but if they aren't offering quad cores of any kind or a major price drop to compensate for that, I'm not giving them a penny. It only rewards them for releasing outdated hardware. Of course they're happy making larger and larger profits if people keep eating up their products. The only way they'd listen is if their sales dramatically dropped. That's assuming this story is true, but again, I doubt it.

this is exactly what i have been saying for the past few months. i want to buy a new iMac, however they NEED to do something for me. i need an all-in-one, it does not need to be too powerful, however it does need to be able to do some pretty intensive things. but for $2000 it should be able to do those things...

there are already all in ones on the market that have quad cores, blu-ray drives, and support more than 4GB of ram, and they cost (maxed out) about the same as an iMac. there is a problem here.

Apple is VERY good at creating cases that can remove heat from components, so they, if anyone, should be able to put the most powerful computers in teh smallest cases together, yet they are letting themselves be outdone. which does not make my sympathetic, it makes me look more at the Dell one/gateway one/hp touch smart.

i WANT an apple iMac, but if these rumors are true, i'll be getting a Dell all-in-one.
  • Reply 35 of 137
    mark2005mark2005 Posts: 1,158member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewoliv View Post

What price points? None have been reported, have they?

Given the weak upgrade specs relative to such a long wait, my hope is that Apple has decided to simply lower prices across the board to address the economic climate. Mac mini at 499/699; iMac at 1099 for 20", 1399 for 24"/2.66; 1699 for 24"/2.93; and 1999 for 24"/3.06.

The 3.06GHz iMac looks as if it just has RAM and HD upgrades. Maybe a new top-of-the-line Quad is coming on Mar 24.
  • Reply 36 of 137
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    OMG this would be hilarious.

$2000 for a Core 2 Duo?

If these numbers are true my condolences go out to some of you waiting for current Mac hardware.

Thank God i'm only looking for a mini and if Apple doesn't hit $599 I'm buying used off of craigslist.
  • Reply 37 of 137
    also, they *need* a new mighty mouse. i dont care if it is more sophisticated than it looks, it needs to feel better in a persons hand. if these rumors are faulse, and there is a really good iMac ahead of us, then i will still keep my Microsoft laser mouse 5000.
  • Reply 38 of 137
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmilinGoat View Post

also, they *need* a new mighty mouse. i dont care if it is more sophisticated than it looks, it needs to feel better in a persons hand. if these rumors are faulse, and there is a really good iMac ahead of us, then i will still keep my Microsoft laser mouse 5000.

What makes that mouse so great?
  • Reply 39 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

What makes that mouse so great?

it has good response (not amazing, but it was $30), its wireless and the battery last 6 months, it has a scroll and tilt wheel, and it fits very well into the average persons hand.

the mighty mouse is just too much form over function. i know its a good mouse. but its just not as good. ergonomics does mean something to people.
  • Reply 40 of 137
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member
    If these rumors are true, then it simply means, that the iMac stays with laptop components, and the real update will happen in late autumn, whenever Nehalem laptop chips are available. Looking at the i7 wattage, this might turn out to be the better decision and worth the wait ? the i7 desktop CPU's power consumption is higher than the 2.1 GHz G5's used in the iMac and this was quite noisy when compared to the current Intel iMacs. If the new entry-level 20" gets the specs of the old better model, plus faster FSB and memory, plus better graphics, plus eventually a LED backlight while being 300 USD less, than this is maybe not too exciting, but not too shabby either. Expecting an even more severe price drop from Apple is ambitious.

I do not know, why some people think an iMac with laptop components will no longer sell ? they have been selling well all the time, most people want them to be cool and quiet and they have always been more expensive than comparable PCs. Apple will never match the beige box price point ? an iMac with desktop CPU and mystic liquid cooling will only be noisier and less reliable (we had every single liquid cooled PowerMac failing here), and still more expensive. Not sure if this is asking for progress or asking for trouble.