123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 137
    marikmarik Posts: 26member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

apple website is updating "store"!!!

http://store.apple.com/800-908-988/W.../hongkongstore

yeah....we've covered that several posts up already..
  • Reply 122 of 137
    lorrelorre Posts: 396member
    How long do these downtimes usually take? 'cause I got work to do and it's hard when I'm eagerly awaiting the new hardware
  • Reply 123 of 137
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marik View Post

yeah....we've covered that several posts up already..

Yeah, but someone woke up suddenly today.
  • Reply 124 of 137
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lorre View Post

How long do these downtimes usually take? 'cause I got work to do and it's hard when I'm eagerly awaiting the new hardware

Something like 2-3 hours I think. A little bit patience now, the waiting will be soon over.
  • Reply 125 of 137
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

OH F***K THERE GOES MY SLEEP TONIGHT (It's 9pm where I am, it's 7am Chicago...) so right now it should be a few hours to our good ol' Tuesday UPDATEEEEEEE wooooots woooooooooo FINALLY
  • Reply 126 of 137
    Quote:

I've got to sleep and it's hard because I am eagerly awaiting the new hardware...

NVIDIA 9600GT in entry-level iMac PLEASSSSEEEE

Apparently Mac Pro updates. Interesting. I can haz Nvidia GTX285?
  • Reply 127 of 137
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    2 hours down now!! Its got to be soon?!?!!?
  • Reply 128 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Monkeyoe View Post

From Macrumours:

MB417LL/A - IMAC 20" 2.66/2GB/320GB/SD/MSE/KB-USA

MB418LL/A - IMAC 24" 2.66/4GB/640/SD/MSE/KB-USA

MB419LL/A - IMAC 24" 2.93/4GB/640/256/SD/MSE/KB-USA

MB420LL/A - IMAC 24" 3.06/4GB/1TB/512/SD/MSE/KB-USA

What do you think the 256 and 512 are for the last two iMac models? Can't be RAM, maybe graphics card RAM? Or possibly.. SSDs?

No it's talking about the graphics card. Which means something VERY BAD. The iMac 20" and entry 24" will ONLY HAVE 9400M ---- which is actually a lesser card than the ATI 2600PRO 256MB discrete in the current(old) iMacs!!! I hope this is not the case. I hope there's at least a 128 VRAM discrete GPU of some kind paired with that 9400M.
  • Reply 129 of 137
    Yeah, the only thing stopping me getting a PC for gaming / hackint0sh is the ugliness of the casings. But I think we have a winner in the Dell XPS 435.

Google it

But at the end of the day I can self-assemble a USD $700 PC which beats the spec you listed. Problem is all the PC cases (especially DIY) are ugly. Still, after all this years.

Antec Skeleton would be bad ass. Except when I accidentally whack my tea mug and liquids fly all over a hot, fully running exposed PC. LOLs.

Google it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by winterspan View Post

Dell XPS M1530 ("15")

- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

- 4GB RAM

- 256MB NVIDIA 8600M GT

- 320GB HDD

- DVD-RW

- HDMI/VGA/FIREWIRE 400/802.11N

- EXPRESSCARD/54 Slot

about $1100 before dell coupons which are easy to find online... Spec out a Macbook and get back to me

Entry level?? For the price of a mid/upper-line Macbook, you can easily get a 13" Dell XPS with a discrete GPU that is 3x faster. They are now very nice looking as well -- though obviously no macbook -- but FAR better design and quality than a POS Dell Inspiron (Like the one I'm using lol) The XPS used to be a gaming brand with gamer nerd design, but now they separated them out.

Nope

1) the 8-core Nehalem "Beckton" Xeon will only be available for quad-socket platforms, and

2) It is not even coming out until the very end of the year at the earliest

No one was talking about a (Core i7) Nehalem in an iMac. But they could readily use a "Penryn" Core 2 Quad without much trouble. Secondly, the Nehalem-based "Clarksfield" quad-core laptop chips that come out sometime in Q3 use more power than the quad-core Penryn. dual-core Nehalem won't be out till after new years 2010...

• Reply 130 of 137
    Apple Store Back UP. ALL IS REVEALED.
  • Reply 131 of 137
    It's back!!!!!
  • Reply 132 of 137
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB869?mco=NDE4Mzg3NA

This is weird! I expected black keys, and why no more numerical pad? My country's Azerty-layout requires shift to access the numbers if you don't have a numerical pad...
  • Reply 133 of 137
    a_hnaua_hnau Posts: 26member
    UK site back up, WHOOHOOOOO!
  • Reply 134 of 137
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Three words.

Super fucking lame.
  • Reply 135 of 137
    OMG! The keyboard is a disappointment I was expecting a full size keyboard with black keys and they gave us a small one with white keys! What's happening with these guys?!
  • Reply 136 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Three words.

Super fucking lame.

It's kinda fail, yeah.
  • Reply 137 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoganHunter View Post

OMG! The keyboard is a disappointment I was expecting a full size keyboard with black keys and they gave us a small one with white keys! What's happening with these guys?!

yeah this is a total disappointment i hate the small keyboards