Shortly: iMacs, Mac minis, Mac Pros, AirPorts and Time Capsules

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    The two "upscale" 24in iMac models have a 4850 512mb option .
  • Reply 22 of 60
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Well, the Mac Mini and iMac continue to be dreadful value for money. Will the market continue to eat whatever Apple throws it, or will people finally say "enough is enough"?

The market will nibble on the soft nubbins that are the new Mac Mini and iMac configurations and Apple will continue to be profitable and sell reasonable quantities of desktop Macs and still buck the trend of PC sales failing everywhere else...
  • Reply 23 of 60
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

If this seriously late update is only a semi decent graphics card with standard Core2Duo's for the iMacs I am gonna be so hacked off!

I have waited 8 months to buy a new iMac to replace my old 17" Core2Duo, but I refuse to get ripped off with 2 year old components for £1000, I like my PC games but would not describe myself as a hardcore gamer, as I already own a MacBook and I can build a very nice custom AMD Phenom II system with a 22" LCD display for £500 I will likely go that route.

Please please don't be a rip off piece of shit!

Oh well custom £500 AMD Phenom II for me then, I mean I get 4gb of ram, 22" HDMI Display, 750gb HDD, 1GB ATI Radeon Video Card, etc etc, new iMac's = RIP OFF, I am so pissed off that I held out this long!

(Seriously disgruntled Apple consumer)
  • Reply 24 of 60
    APPLE's home page is not even updated. LOLs. Such desktop updates not even worth an icon on the front page LOL.

EDIT: Now updated.
  • Reply 25 of 60
    I thought I'd be happy today, but these prices are ridiculous!
  • Reply 26 of 60
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Time Capsule prices have GONE UP!?!

Mac Mini = awful price. Looks like this damn recession has got me.
  • Reply 27 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ROCjetblue320 View Post

The two "upscale" 24in iMac models have a 4850 512mb option .

Extremely "upscale" just to get a 4850 card. A 4870 1GB VRAM Radeon is what, about USD $250 or so?

But that they fit a 4850 into a 24" is pretty damn impressive, actually.
  • Reply 28 of 60
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaychristie909 View Post

Still no internal Blu ray...
  • Reply 29 of 60
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB has 800 stream processors onboard!

It is a +$200 option on the Mac Pro.

The base card is a $150 so the card by itself should be about $350!

Very reasonable for the performance boost it gives.

I just hope it is backwards compatible with older Mac Pros.

Currently they aren't offering it as a separate part.
  • Reply 30 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaychristie909 View Post

With the strength of the US dollar through the roof, International customers will really complain I think. I think on International stores relative to what they were before in their currency, Apple prices have gone up in some cases... I think. Any UK/Europe forumers? What's the story at your place?
  • Reply 31 of 60
    The iMac lineup has definitely gone downhill when the base models have integrated graphics.

$800 for a Mac Mini that is 2GB and 2.0Ghz Dual Core is crazy when people can get Lenevo and HP Quad Core Intel at higher Ghz with more ram for the same price.

I was considering a Mac Desktop if it was quad core. So now I will go get AMD Phenom, ATI 4750, new awesome case & motherboard & new memory for less than $600. I will use my existing hard drive and power supply (which is fairly new as my old one burnt out). Besides 10.5.6 Hackintosh has been running wonderfully on my existing AMD. And now that the Mac Pro supports ATI 4750, those drivers will be ported over to hackintosh and I can update my system

We want a headless desktop thats decent price, though I would have payed more for an iMac if it had quad core.
  • Reply 32 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

Time Capsule prices have GONE UP!?!

Mac Mini = awful price. Looks like this damn recession has got me.

Ah what I was saying. Due to the strength of the US dollar, the UK prices have gone up. Also due to the collapse of the pound.
  • Reply 33 of 60
    bbjaibbjai Posts: 48member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

With the strength of the US dollar through the roof, International customers will really complain I think. I think on International stores relative to what they were before in their currency, Apple prices have gone up in some cases... I think. Any UK/Europe forumers? What's the story at your place?

Australia here

store still getting upgraded
  • Reply 34 of 60
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,464member
    pffft... another round of crap, thanx Apple!
  • Reply 35 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbjai View Post

Australia here

store still getting upgraded

Dingo must have nibbled on the web server cables. Sorry, couldn't resist mate. Spent 6 years in Oz. Keep us posted. Edit: Australia store is up.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    Should have stuck with DDR2 in the iMacs and bought better CPU's or something, STUPID.
  • Reply 37 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by UltimateKylie View Post

The iMac lineup has definitely gone downhill when the base models have integrated graphics.

$800 for a Mac Mini that is 2GB and 2.0Ghz Dual Core is crazy when people can get Lenevo and HP Quad Core Intel at higher Ghz with more ram for the same price.

I was considering a Mac Desktop if it was quad core. So now I will go get AMD Phenom, ATI 4750, new awesome case & motherboard & new memory for less than $600. I will use my existing hard drive and power supply (which is fairly new as my old one burnt out). Besides 10.5.6 Hackintosh has been running wonderfully on my existing AMD. And now that the Mac Pro supports ATI 4750, those drivers will be ported over to hackintosh and I can update my system

We want a headless desktop thats decent price, though I would have payed more for an iMac if it had quad core.

Yup. The iMac going integrated graphics is a bit of a scam really, for the 20" and entry 24". We're talking a 9400M driving TWENTY and TWENTY FOUR inches, that's a lot of pixels for an integrated GPU to push.
  • Reply 38 of 60
    What is the

"Simultaneous dual-band

AirPort Extreme now operates in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously to ensure top performance for all your devices."

which is the Wireless updates?

Will this really improve performance and user experience?
  • Reply 39 of 60
    US = Cheaper, UK & Everywhere else on Planet earth = MORE
  • Reply 40 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Should have stuck with DDR2 in the iMacs and bought better CPU's or something, STUPID.

Just better GPUS would have been better.