6c106 build

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i have two partitions, i have OS X, and 9 on each, if i install this on my biggest partition with all my files and OS X goes wacko, all my files will be safe but i cant start up off that drive in 10 right?

i have a 40gb hd, i have a 5gb and a 35gb...5gb has OS X and 9 on the 35gb has 10 and 9 also but if i install it on the 35gb partition and it messes up i dont loose files, just the ability to start off that version of X until i fix it right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    I can't say much or really confirm this build but... All I can say is yes very stable, and 99% useable...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    And Snappy©? Where did the other 1% go?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    Left for error margin it's a tolrance thing. lLet's make it %99.9 Stable...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Nothing is ever 100% stable. Mac OS 10.1 isn't, Linux isn't and Windows sure as hell isn't.

I'd say 99% on a beta OS is pretty dam good. Micorsoft can't even claim that with their finished stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kecksy:

<strong>Nothing is ever 100% stable. Mac OS 10.1 isn't, Linux isn't and Windows sure as hell isn't.

I'd say 99% on a beta OS is pretty dam good. Micorsoft can't even claim that with their finished stuff. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I've never had an OS X crash with a final build..
  • Reply 6 of 10
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kecksy:

<strong>I'd say 99% on a beta OS is pretty dam good. Micorsoft can't even claim that with their finished stuff. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Microsoft has actually finished stuff? Huh?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Gambit:

<strong>

Microsoft has actually finished stuff? Huh? </strong><hr></blockquote>

They have finished their goal of shipping Windows XP on October 25, 2001. Too bad that their goal of making it stable before it shipped fell short.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    bluejekyllbluejekyll Posts: 103member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

I've never had an OS X crash with a final build..</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have crashed the GUI many times, and caused a few kernel panics on 10.1.2, none really since then. And I've been up and stable for a little while now.

[code] 4:31PM up 8 days, 15:22, 3 users, load averages: 0.26, 0.38, 0.31 </pre><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 9 of 10
    after a system update, I had a 40 day uptime with 10.1.5 with servers everywhere (the finder had crashed a couple times).

The uptime was broken for another system update and harddrive upgrade~
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Code Master:

<strong>after a system update, I had a 40 day uptime with 10.1.5 with servers everywhere (the finder had crashed a couple times).

The uptime was broken for another system update and harddrive upgrade~</strong><hr></blockquote>

What I do for my uptime ego is after an update I go to the terminal and "sudo shutdown now". After that you get back to a command line and just type"exit" and you boot back up while retaining your previous uptime.

Course if my power would just stay on for more than a week solid I would have some good stats on my server.