Apple issues key software update for Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    eh270eh270 Posts: 60member
    OK, I was able to bring my AEBS back from the dead by doing a paperclip reset, but now I'm noticing it takes my laptop a good 12 seconds to find and join the wireless network; before the update, it was at most 2 seconds.

Anyone else having this problem?

ETA: I'm using it in N-only (5GHz) mode...
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Anyone know if you set an airport extreme/time capsule to 5Ghz mode and use an airport express to extend the network, whether or not you can set the express to n (a/g compatibility) mode so that you can essentially have "dual band"? I hate that in order to allow my iPod touch to have internet access, I have to compromise the speed of my mac pro and macbook pro.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    mfarvermfarver Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mfarver View Post

I must not be living the good karma life you are -I again started from the cable modem reboot, a hard reset on time capsule, etc. I have not wireless to any of my other Mac's or iPhones in the house; I still am getting a "connection timeout" as soon as I try to join my network.

OK, so when all else apple fails, look for answers elsewhere. On a whim, I disabled the wireless network for my in home security system, and voila, wireless computer access everywhere. I changed channels on the security system, chose another higher channel on my Airport setup (instead of automatic) and all is right with the world.

So check your wireless phones, etc.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Ok, yesterday I started getting the Airport Utility app starting on its own to tell me that an upgrade was available. I kept saying no and exiting the app. This morning I woke up to find that Airport Utility was not only open but that my two n devices were shut down and were not responsive to the utility app. (A Time Capsule and the original Airport Extreme N.) After restarting Airport Utility I was able to talk to my n devices and successfully restarted them.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    eh270eh270 Posts: 60member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

Anyone know if you set an airport extreme/time capsule to 5Ghz mode and use an airport express to extend the network, whether or not you can set the express to n (a/g compatibility) mode so that you can essentially have "dual band"? I hate that in order to allow my iPod touch to have internet access, I have to compromise the speed of my mac pro and macbook pro.

If you take almost any wireless b/g router properly configured to work standalone, then disable the DHCP server, and connect it to the AEBS (LAN port to LAN port, don't plug it into the WAN/Internet port), you can join the b/g network and the AEBS will handle the DHCP routing. I have been using that exact setup for months now, it works perfectly.