Jaguar 6C115 declared GM

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Just heard from a friend at Apple that Jaguar build 6C115 has gone gm. Now we just have to wait for it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 94
    Wow! Is that comfirmed?! Definite?
  • Reply 2 of 94
    dansg3dansg3 Posts: 12member
    This isn't just copying what spymac had to say, cause they say another couple builds, but my source says this 115 is the one. Maybe someone else can confirm as well.
  • Reply 3 of 94
    HOw trustfull is your source? Are you positive that this is the one?
  • Reply 4 of 94
    dansg3dansg3 Posts: 12member
    Well my source provides me with current builds to test, so he usually knows what is going on. Currently i'm running 106, but from my experience with it, i would expect gm to be further down the road. We should have more confirmation over the weekend.
  • Reply 5 of 94
    hotboxdhotboxd Posts: 125member
    Could you possibly ask your source whether the yellow caution triangles in the dock (when an app stops responding) and minimize-in-place are active in his build? I'd appreciate it.
  • Reply 6 of 94
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Well, MacRumors says it's 6C115 too.
  • Reply 7 of 94
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by hotboxd:

<strong>Could you possibly ask your source whether the yellow caution triangles in the dock (when an app stops responding) and minimize-in-place are active in his build? I'd appreciate it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I doubt they would throw that stuff back in at the last minute. I would bet that since they're not in the 6C1xx builds already out, they're not in the final.
  • Reply 8 of 94
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    [quote]Originally posted by BuonRotto:

<strong>

I doubt they would throw that stuff back in at the last minute. I would bet that since they're not in the 6C1xx builds already out, they're not in the final.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I can understand why minimize-in-place was taken out and taken back into the shop for tinkering, but why remove the little warning badges when app has gone down, or isn't responding? That's just useful.

Unless they weren't working properly, and coming up false positive...
  • Reply 9 of 94
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I bet it's a Final Candidate rather than the GM.
  • Reply 10 of 94
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    arestechnica posted 6C115 as rc1. it may have been declared GM, but its seems too soon for that.

oh well shades of 4K78.
  • Reply 11 of 94
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    6C115 may very well be GM. I can't wait to install it. We will know come next monday I expect... In time.
  • Reply 12 of 94
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    FC1.
  • Reply 13 of 94
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Originally posted by Hobbes:

<strong>Unless they weren't working properly, and coming up false positive...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good point (not pint). I bet any app that's hard at work on something like a big filter in Photoshop could trigger the emergency icon badge. In newer builds, if you click on the icon and the app isn't responding, the pop-up defaults to "Force Quit" but it doesn't throw up potential false alarms like the icon badge does, at least not of that magnitude.

[ 08-01-2002: Message edited by: BuonRotto ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 94
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by cowerd:

<strong>oh well shades of 4K78.</strong><hr></blockquote>

ROTFLMAO

Escher
  • Reply 15 of 94
    fyi: he seed notes says it is the GM

it was just posted to adc today. we'll know soon I guess...
  • Reply 16 of 94
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Hot damn!

** runs off to ADC for a tasty download **
  • Reply 17 of 94
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    macminute say GM too...they usually only report things they know to be true:

<a href="http://www.macminute.com/lib/020801jaggm.shtml"; target="_blank">here</a>

cool...three disc....maybe we can get it sooner than the 24th?? g
  • Reply 18 of 94
    Downloading that build now, will soon find out.
  • Reply 19 of 94
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    And Think Secret seals it.

Downloading Beta Builds: Cool

Downloading GM Build*: Warez Puppy

Barto

*Assuming you ain't an ADC member

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: Barto ]</p>
  • Reply 20 of 94
    Eh, I have always downloaded the GM first because I can get my hands on it before my Jag CD comes in.

Downloading the GM and NOT paying for Jaguar = Warez Puppy.