Apple unveils redesigned iPod shuffle with speech technology

Comments

• Reply 261 of 341
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

Nice job Apple... you've gone so minimal that the thing doesn't even have a play buttons anymore... so I can't plug this shuffle into anything... not into my car stereo... or into any aux input on anything... let alone ANY headphones other than the supplied headphones. The device is completely non-functional without the Apple ear buds. Unbelievable lame.

Don't make me laugh, I mean come on, you actually plug a shuffle into you car?
  • Reply 262 of 341
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GMHut View Post

I feel left out. I got no email or anything alerting me to the fact that you speak for all people who buy shuffles. Sounds to me like you are pulling statistics out of your bum. You are entitled to your opinion, but you seem to want me to think of it as fact. Data, please.....

I've just wasted 3 min of my life reading worthless post... All what I've read is I that and I this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

NasserAE has no idea what the 'el he's talking about. Did he even bother to read his own posts on iPods and his use of them.

The shuffle has always been geared toward the gym goers and athletes amongst others- not primarily tweens.

Here is ebay.com guide for buying an iPod. If you find another guide please enlighten us.
  • Reply 263 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

Frankly as Apple has grown more popular, they've now got all these trolls on their case. If the ipod earphones are so inferior, why do you see them everywhere. I guess most people who buy the shuffle are going to go out and buy 100 dollar earphones to go along with their 59 dollar shuffles.

Exactly.
  • Reply 264 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

The POINT is... the device doesn't give you the OPTION of having controls on the headphones... it makes them MANDATORY and it makes the device completely DEPENDENT on them. You cannot use it WITHOUT the headphones. That's like building a website who's navigation depends on a plug-in. Bad idea. Having controls on the supplied headphones is all well and good... but it should not be the only way to control the device. I actually never even use headphones with my shuffle. Never. It's always plugged into my car stereo. The shuffle is perfect for the car because there's no screen to distract you and you don't have to fumble with a wheel... you just feel and click play/pause, forward/back. I have it mounted in a convenient location on my dash with some sticky backed velcro. Works like a charm. Love it!!!! Oh well... I guess my current shuffle will be my last. 4GB would have been nice. But anyway.

No one is forcing you to buy anything, I hear Sansa has something before for 80 bucks, aren't Zunes also like 99 dollars, you can get one of those.
  • Reply 265 of 341
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Don't make me laugh, I mean come on, you actually plug a shuffle into you car?

I've done that before. If you want music and you have aux port, why not?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I've just wasted 3 min of my life reading worthless post... All what I've read is I that and I this.

I've seen more Shuffles being used my kids and adults who are very tech savvy more than I have seen people at the gym using them.
  • Reply 266 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GMHut View Post

Apple headphones = crap

Yeah Apple headphones are so crap that they are probably the most popular ones out there, why do I see so many people with them in their ears, I mean can't they tell they are using something inferior, why not go buy something better.
  • Reply 267 of 341
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Yeah Apple headphones are so crap that they are probably the most popular ones out there, why do I see so many people with them in their ears, I mean can't they tell they are using something inferior, why not go buy something better.

I certainly can't wear them. I'm talking about audio quality so much as the way they stretch out my cartilage, though they strangely sound much better when put in sideways with the speaker facing forward in relation to ones head. But they are damn popular, that I must have oddly shaped ears.
  • Reply 268 of 341
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:

Yeah Windows PC's are so crap that they are probably the most popular ones out there, why do I see so many people with them, I mean can't they tell they are using something inferior, why not go buy something better
  • Reply 269 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

Yeah Windows PC's are so crap that they are probably the most popular ones out there, why do I see so many people with them, I mean can't they tell they are using something inferior, why not go buy something better

And who told you Windows PC's are crap?
  • Reply 270 of 341
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

Expanding upon what I said, congrats, the Shuffle is now scratchable, because the clip is made of polished metal, same as the iPod. Good luck getting a case for that.

Like stainless steel.
  • Reply 271 of 341
    Quote:

Exactly.

No wonder Apple users get a bad name. Look at the amount of outlash because Apple did something they don't agree with. I haven't seen a company with such a following. For 90 % for the people out there, it doesn't bother them, I guess the other 10% feel they need to help decide whats better for the other 90%. I guess that's the situation Apple is in, you don't even want to read sites like endadget.
  • Reply 272 of 341
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

Here is ebay.com guide for buying an iPod. If you find another guide please enlighten us.

If you listen to eBay on how to buy electronics then I rest my case.

I'm sure you've also viewed this page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Kool-Aid-Pit...#ht_500wt_1182
  • Reply 273 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timon View Post

These work on the iPhone and Touch, I would think they just might work on the shuffle.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU...1&s=topSellers

No. They don't have volume control.
  • Reply 274 of 341
    cjd2112cjd2112 Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iReality85 View Post

This from the company that still doesn't think we should use a two-button mouse?

This comment only solidifies that most of the complaints seem to be from non-Mac users. Apples' "Mighty Mouse" has had two programmable buttons for years (sensors hidden under an exterior shell). Simply open "System Preferences", then "Keyboard and Mouse", and finally under the Mouse tab, customize ALL FOUR BUTTONS FOR THE MOUSE.

Finally, it seems some individuals are either very immature or just young, all this sniveling over an iPod Shuffle is laughable. Find something better to do with your time instead of baiting people with comments every 5 minutes.
  • Reply 275 of 341
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Quote:

Yea. Like my ULTRASONE Edition 9's.

Man, am I pissed that I can't use them on the new $79 Shuffle.

Perhaps I spoke too soon?

"People looking to use headphones of their own with the newest iPod shuffle will have to be patient, Apple is said to have confirmed. The problem arises from the control scheme for the updated player, which has shifted almost entirely to proprietary Apple earbuds. At the moment the player is rendered useless without them, Apple notes.

One solution is slated to be a special dongle adapter, equipped with the Apple earbuds' three-button remote. Beyond this Apple says it is cooperating with third-party manufacturers, who should eventually begin producing Shuffle-compatible headphones of their own. It is unknown when these will arrive however, nor has Apple set a price or a release date for the adapter."
    cnettv.cnet.com/
  • Reply 276 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CJD2112 View Post

This comment only solidifies that most of the complaints seem to be from non-Mac users. Apples' "Mighty Mouse" has had two programmable buttons for years (sensors hidden under an exterior shell). Simply open "System Preferences", then "Keyboard and Mouse", and finally under the Mouse tab, customize ALL FOUR BUTTONS FOR THE MOUSE.

Finally, it seems some individuals are either very immature or just young, all this sniveling over an iPod Shuffle is laughable. Find something better to do with your time instead of baiting people with comments every 5 minutes.

What do you expect as Apple grows more popular, they have more Windows buying their products who are completely ignorant.
  • Reply 277 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Yea. Like my ULTRASONE Edition 9's.

Man, am I pissed that I can't use them on the new $79 Shuffle.

• Reply 278 of 341
    Quote:

Exactly.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

Apples and oranges (couldn't resist). As most on AI know, people who buy Windows based systems do so for many varying reasons (Work compatibility, price compared to a Mac, etc.). Headphones are available in various types ranging from quality, style and finally price. Any one may purchase a pair of SONY earbuds for the same price point as an Apple counterpart. If one does not appreciate the headphones supplied with their iPod, simply purchase another brand (again, this may be done without dropping more coinage than an Apple counterpart). As a NYC resident, nine times out of ten people are using an iPod with Apple headphones.

Thus, a false statement and comparison.
  • Reply 279 of 341
    Quote:

No wonder Apple users get a bad name. Look at the amount of outlash because Apple did something they don't agree with. I haven't seen a company with such a following. For 90 % for the people out there, it doesn't bother them, I guess the other 10% feel they need to help decide whats better for the other 90%. I guess that's the situation Apple is in, you don't even want to read sites like endadget.

The problem with those 10% is that you can't get anything out of them. Once they are faced with facts and cornered they start calling you childish names. It's like talking to a 4 year-old! Personally, they don't bother me because I have meet many people like them and the best thing to do is to ignore them since they clearly starve for attention.
  • Reply 280 of 341
    Quote:

The problem with those 10% is that you can't get anything out of them. Once they are faced with facts and cornered they start calling you childish names. It's like talking to a 4 year-old! Personally, they don't bother me because I have meet many people like them and the best thing to do is to ignore them since they clearly starve for attention.

Such as:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

That's Ok 'cause I feel like I've been talking to a broken Kool-aid dispenser at one of those Subway take-outs. Somebody please fix it already.