Apple unveils redesigned iPod shuffle with speech technology

Comments

• Reply 281 of 341
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CJD2112 View Post

Apples and oranges (couldn't resist). As most on AI know, people who buy Windows based systems do so for many varying reasons (Work compatibility, price compared to a Mac, etc.). Headphones are available in various types ranging from quality, style and finally price. Any one may purchase a pair of SONY earbuds for the same price point as an Apple counterpart. If one does not appreciate the headphones supplied with their iPod, simply purchase another brand (again, this may be done without dropping more coinage than an Apple counterpart). As a NYC resident, nine times out of ten people are using an iPod with Apple headphones.

Thus, a false statement and comparison.

No, its not a false statement or comparison. Thanks.
  • Reply 282 of 341
    cjd2112cjd2112 Posts: 83member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

No, its not a false statement or comparison. Thanks.

Theeeen, backup your statement with some facts. You implied that mass use of Apple headphones does not infer a quality product as mass use of Windows based systems does not infer a quality product. The facts are that if people did not like the Apple provided headphones they may easily purchase another brand for the same cash amount (or less) as an Apple headphone. Further, there are many more headphones available on the market than commercially available computer systems (which at present tend to be Mac OS and Windows based systems, consumer wise), providing many more available options. Your comparison that mass usage does not equate to quality products isn't applicable in this instance as there are many more options for headphone usage than there are consumer based operating systems.
  • Reply 283 of 341
    igxqrrligxqrrl Posts: 105member
    Quote:

This comment only solidifies that most of the complaints seem to be from non-Mac users. Apples' "Mighty Mouse" has had two programmable buttons for years (sensors hidden under an exterior shell). Simply open "System Preferences", then "Keyboard and Mouse", and finally under the Mouse tab, customize ALL FOUR BUTTONS FOR THE MOUSE.

Finally, it seems some individuals are either very immature or just young, all this sniveling over an iPod Shuffle is laughable. Find something better to do with your time instead of baiting people with comments every 5 minutes.

Hmm, I think you're responding to my comment. I've qualified as a Mac user since I got my Mac Plus in 1985 or so. Since then I've owned somewhere between 15 and 20 Macs. Currently I have a Macbook. None of these systems has come with a 2-button mouse. I've been an iPod user since the first generation 5GB firewire unit. Since then I've owned perhaps 10 iPods, including a first generation shuffle which I still use.

So I'm pretty sure that I'm as qualified as any other user to comment about Apple's products. I've not seen that much sniveling here. Rather, this is a discussion board, and the topic at hand is a new Apple product. I think it speaks highly of the members that there are differing points of view. My point of view is that this is a very disappointing product release. Clearly others have different opinions.
  • Reply 284 of 341
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:

As a NYC resident, nine times out of ten people are using an iPod with Apple headphones.

Thus, a false statement and comparison.

Dude-How would you even know what percentage of people are not using iPod headphones when their iPods usually in their pockets- H E L L O ? ? ?

I live in NYC as well and everybody I know thinks Apple headphones are dreck.

Who buys iPods for their headphones- nobody in NYC except pre-teens and PC people- maybe.
  • Reply 285 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by igxqrrl View Post

Hmm, I think you're responding to my comment. I've qualified as a Mac user since I got my Mac Plus in 1985 or so. Since then I've owned somewhere between 15 and 20 Macs. Currently I have a Macbook. None of these systems has come with a 2-button mouse. I've been an iPod user since the first generation 5GB firewire unit. Since then I've owned perhaps 10 iPods, including a first generation shuffle which I still use.

So I'm pretty sure that I'm as qualified as any other user to comment about Apple's products. I've not seen that much sniveling here. Rather, this is a discussion board, and the topic at hand is a new Apple product. I think it speaks highly of the members that there are differing points of view. My point of view is that this is a very disappointing product release. Clearly others have different opinions.

The Mac Book systems have two FINGER options on the trackpad. With a multitouch Mac Book, while placing two fingers on the trackpad click on the trackpad button, this will bring up a right click options menu depending on the item clicked. On a non-multitouch unit, Command-Clicking will bring up a right click option menu.

My comment about the arguing was not in reference to your comment, my apologies if you misunderstood. My comment regarding the sniveling was in reference to the unnecessary debate (much taken to personal levels) over a product update when there are many more important issues facing the world. Just a casual observation.
  • Reply 286 of 341
    Quote:

One- You're not printing what I was responding too. YOU just can't except the fact the we don't like this shuffle- so get over it man. I own 5 iPods and have had Macs for over 10 years. What's your problem?
  • Reply 287 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Dude-How would you even know what percentage of people are not using iPod headphones when their iPods usually in their pockets- H E L L O ? ? ?

Who buys iPods for their headphones- nobody in NYC except pre-teens and PC people- maybe.

Um, first, "dude" if the individual has on Apple headphones the chances are, they're using an iPod. Most NYC residents (that care enough to be bothered) notice the profusion of white headphones is unmistakeable. In fact, not too long ago NYC issued warnings for commuters to not wear their white Apple headphones as they become very obvious to muggers.

Quote:

One- You're not printing what I was responding too. YOU just can't except the fact the we don't like this shuffle- so get over it man. I own 5 iPods and have had Macs for over 10 years. What's your problem?

Quote:

If you don't like this debate- then get lost man. No one's forcing you to make yourself miserable.

Well, "man", I simply returned from being away for a few hours and there are dozens of comments flooding the thread from you, and most are attacking people for their opinions, so I apologize if my comments offend you but perhaps you should reexamine the methodology in which you approach strangers on a discussion board. It is difficult to have any discussion when no comment goes unnoticed by you. It is easy to debate, much more difficult to debate maturely.

I do not care either way with regards to an iPod Shuffle, I find it amusing that it seems to have gotten your panties in a bunch.
  • Reply 288 of 341
    Quote:

My comment about the arguing was not in reference to your comment, my apologies if you misunderstood. My comment regarding the sniveling was in reference to the unnecessary debate (much taken to personal levels) over a product update when there are many more important issues facing the world. Just a casual observation.

If you don't like this debate- then get lost man. No one's forcing you to make yourself miserable.
  • Reply 289 of 341
    Quote:

Um, first, "dude" if the individual has on Apple headphones the chances are, they're using an iPod. Most NYC residents (that care enough to be bothered) notice the profusion of white headphones is unmistakeable. In fact, not too long ago NYC issued warnings for commuters to not wear their white Apple headphones as they become very obvious to muggers.

You stated 9 out of 10 people using iPods use Apple headphones- you don't know that . It could be 9 out of 100. You're only able to discern this based on the actual 10 iPods that you see- comprendez?
  • Reply 290 of 341
    I looked at the Apple Store website for the new iPod shuffle and frankly, no thanks!

Not when SanDisk offers the superior SANSA Clip player for around US$30 less for the 4 GB version from online retailers.

If SanDisk were to update the firmware on the Clip to play back AAC files it would wipe out the new shuffle and then some, in my humble opinion!
  • Reply 291 of 341
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    They're pretty boring in design but the voiceover is kind of neat. They should offer some engraving on the front of the devices.
  • Reply 292 of 341
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Quote:

Yeah you and everyone you know represent the majority.
  • Reply 293 of 341
    Quote:

Well, "man", I simply returned from being away for a few hours and there are dozens of comments flooding the thread from you, and most are attacking people for their opinions, so I apologize if my comments offend you but perhaps you should reexamine the methodology in which you approach strangers on a discussion board. It is difficult to have any discussion when no comment goes unnoticed by you. It is easy to debate, much more difficult to debate maturely.

I do not care either way with regards to an iPod Shuffle, I find it amusing that it seems to have gotten your panties in a bunch.

Ok- sorry "WO-man", now that's really mature. You can go back to Mommy now.

• Reply 294 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Adjei View Post

Yeah you and everyone you know represent the majority.

No, just people who appreciate good sound.
  • Reply 295 of 341
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:

Theeeen, backup your statement with some facts. You implied that mass use of Apple headphones does not infer a quality product as mass use of Windows based systems does not infer a quality product. The facts are that if people did not like the Apple provided headphones they may easily purchase another brand for the same cash amount (or less) as an Apple headphone. Further, there are many more headphones available on the market than commercially available computer systems (which at present tend to be Mac OS and Windows based systems, consumer wise), providing many more available options. Your comparison that mass usage does not equate to quality products isn't applicable in this instance as there are many more options for headphone usage than there are consumer based operating systems.

The facts are that most people use the same headphones they have whether the product is poor or not. There are many options to purchase additional headphones, yet most are unwilling to send additional money. Just as most are unwlling to spend additional money on a Mac. The number of options does not change this no matter how you try and swing it.
  • Reply 296 of 341
    Quote:

Ok- sorry "WO-man", now that's really mature. You can go back to Mommy now.

You're a child. Can I call you "fit" then as you obviously are high strung and spastic?

(btw, nice job on attempting to emasculate me by inferring I am female, which also offends females by implying inferiority. )
  • Reply 297 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

The facts are that most people use the same headphones they have whether the product is poor or not. There are many options to purchase additional headphones, yet most are unwilling to send additional money. Just as most are unwlling to spend additional money on a Mac. The number of options does not change this no matter how you try and swing it.

True, but as iPod's are music centric I find it difficult to believe if all Apple headphones are so terrible that more people wouldn't spend 15, 29, or 40 dollars on better headphones for a music device. It seems a fair number of comments suggest Apple produces inferior headphones which seems odd for an extremely popular music device. If the headphones were inferior to begin with, why do more and more people continue to purchase iPods (either as repeat or first time customers)? If this is simply about headphones that are acceptable versus headphones that are studio quality, that is a very different argument.
  • Reply 298 of 341
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    Unfortunately CJD2112, there are a lot of assholes here.

Best to ignore and let them wallow in their own excrement.
  • Reply 299 of 341
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Unfortunately CJD2112, there are a lot of assholes here.

Best to ignore and let them wallow in their own excrement.

Sadly, I have to agree. I have posted more in the past five minutes in response to rather ineffectual and immature comments than in my entire few years as a frequent reader on AI. Not a very positive observation on modern day discourse.
  • Reply 300 of 341
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Not necessarily- but it would be nice if you had added what's so positve about this unecessary shuffle update.

"Unnecessary shuffle update"???!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH

WTF??

Is Apple putting a gun to your head to make you buy it?

Unnecessary? WTF DOES THAT EVEN MEAN???